Where To Do Notorize and Translations In ShenZhen?

My girl got her birth certificate and police record from the place she was born.

However, the notorized english translation of her birth certificate spelled her mom's last name wrong.

Instead of being "zhu", they wrote down "zhug"

We have to get this corrected, however, we would like to know if this can be done in Shenzhen, or does the translation/nortorization of the

orignial document have to be done in her hometown?

Since my girl is from ShenZhen, finding a translator nearby would be the best solution. Anyone know a place nearby?

Guest pushbrk
My girl got her birth certificate and police record from the place she was born.

However, the notorized english translation of her birth certificate spelled her mom's last name wrong.

Instead of being "zhu", they wrote down "zhug"

We have to get this corrected, however, we would like to know if this can be done in Shenzhen, or does the translation/nortorization of the

orignial document have to be done in her hometown?

Since my girl is from ShenZhen, finding a translator nearby would be the best solution. Anyone know a place nearby?

185209[/snapback]

I think the best you could possibly hope for from CFL on this is somebody to tell you absolutely not. Since that seems pretty silly, I would say the only way to know for sure is for your SO to contact the appropriate government office in Shenzhen and ask.

Guest ShaQuaNew

There are several translation services in Shenzhen. My SO and I have used them, and found them quite reputable for both notarizing and translating. Let me know if you want more information on where to find and I will let you know....

...and no, you don't need to go back to her hometown. If you have the certificate, any service can translate it. I think it best to spend a little extra money to ensure they are a certified translation service.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

It turns out that the "g" is correct when using their pin-yin system.

My girl gave me her mom's last name wrong when I filed.

She didn't realize it had an extra "g" at the end using their chinese to english system.

So I had my girl call the pay-per-minute hotline. She had to fax over the corrections with her passport, her birthcert, and a copy of her mom's passport. Not much work so far. This is much easier for us to correct than if the former had happened.

Thanks for the response.

does your girl have a temporary resident permit in shenzhen? if yes, she can do a new correct notarial certificate in shenzhen. if not, is your girl's hometown in guangdong province? if yes, she can go to get a new correct notarial birth certificate in guangzhou (canton). if she was not born in guangdong provice and doesnt hold a temporary resident permit in shenzhen, she needs to go back to her hometown to do the notarial certificate.