The OF-169 is the big checklist of things you need to collect before the interview, right? I emailed GUZ to ask about case status and I received this in reply.

"Thanks for your email. We are unable to schedule the case unless we

receive

the form OF-169."

We sent this back EMS. Does this mean that our namecheck is finished and they are only waiting on this form to schedule our interview?

Thanks for the help.

The OF-169 is the big checklist of things you need to collect before the interview, right?  I emailed GUZ to ask about case status and I received this in reply.

"Thanks for your email. We are unable to schedule the case unless we

receive

the form OF-169."

We sent this back EMS.  Does this mean that our namecheck is finished and they are only waiting on this form to schedule our interview?

Thanks for the help.

184443[/snapback]

Yes, the OF 169 is the checklist, however, I would not readily assume that the namecheck is complete.

It is true they cannot schedule the interview without it, but when they get the form back from you, they may still be in process of waiting for the namecheck to be done, and perhaps want to have this on hand for when it is completed.

You may want to check back in a few days, or call DOS at

1 202-663-1225 press 1-1-0, and they should be able to update you as to your status. I have found DOS to be the most accurate and up to date info.

Well, here is the thing. We are in China and difficult to call DOS.

Also, my husband was very adment about not wanting to send back the checklist until we had all the things collected. We are still waiting on my mother to co-sponsor with the I-864. Then, someone called from the consulate and asked my husband to please send the checklist back.

So, I don't want to jump the gun, but I thought maybe this ment that our name check was complete and they needed it to proceed. My husband asked her if he could continue working on collecting the documents after sending it back. She said yes and we sent in the form.