Med exam: experience in Shanghai, part 2

Last Friday I finish the medical exam, and Ken posted our experience at http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15206

Today is the day the doctor let me come again to finish the envelope. Doctor told me if your exam is not good, they will call you before you go to hospital again. If they donot call you, then your exam is good.

This is what K1-visa SO need prepare for the envelope:

A: Bring Passport and copy of passport first page (page with your picture).

B: DS-156 & DS-157 Chinese and English total is 8 page. And take the 4 visa pics (50*50mm) put it on DS-156. Also need the intent to marry, DS-156k, supplemental form GNi-2, and family composition sheet

C: notarial birth, no marry. and police certificates. (some people need divorce and death certificates) . The doctor will rip out the pages they need, and put the rest in the garbage.

D: 810 RMB interview fee receipt, to show you paid

E: copy of the interview letter.

Total is three sealed envelopes prepared for interview:

1) X- Ray film

2) The envelope to GZ

3) The envelope to change the international travel health book. This is for when you get visa. With this envelope and one photo and passport, your SO must go to Jin bang road #15 . Monday to Friday.8:00-11:30; 13:00-15:00

Is very fast to finish all the work. Before you go to the hospital, check all the papers you do. The doctor will not check what you write! And if you ask, doctor will not help completing forms, but will only put the forms in order, the way GZ wants them. So you do not need worry how to put the paper, they will do every thing.

So bring this things to GZ with your other evidence for interview. Hope this all can help you!

Jie

Last Friday I finish the medical exam, and Ken posted our experience at  http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15206 

Today is the day the doctor let me come again to finish the envelope. Doctor told me if your exam is not good, they will call you before you go to hospital again. If they donot call you, then your exam is good.

This is what K1-visa SO need prepare for the envelope:

A: Bring Passport and copy of passport first page (page with your picture).

B: DS-156 & DS-157 Chinese and English total is 8 page. And take the 4 visa pics (50*50mm) put it on DS-156. Also need the intent to marry, DS-156k, supplemental form GNi-2, and family composition sheet

C: notarial birth, no marry. and police certificates. (some people need divorce and death certificates) . The doctor will rip out the pages they need, and put the rest in the garbage.

D: 810 RMB interview fee receipt, to show you paid

E: copy of the interview letter. 

Total is three sealed envelopes prepared for interview: 

1) X- Ray film             

2) The envelope to GZ

3) The envelope to change the international travel health book. This is for when you get visa. With this envelope and one photo and passport, your SO must go to Jin bang road #15 . Monday to Friday.8:00-11:30; 13:00-15:00

Is very fast to finish all the work. Before you go to the hospital, check all the papers you do. The doctor will not check what you write! And if you ask, doctor will not help completing forms, but will only put the forms in order, the way GZ wants them. So you do not need worry how to put the paper, they will do every thing.

So bring this things to GZ with your other evidence for interview. Hope this all can help you!

Jie

183807[/snapback]

Jie you mention the "intent to marry" form.

There is also a "certification of legal capacity" form. Did you give both forms to Doctor?

Q.1.22 "Certification of legal capacity and intent to marry" form?

On the package 4 interview list what is "Certification of legal capacity and intent to marry"? Are those forms included in the P4?

A1.22.1

There is a "certification of legal capacity and intent to marry" form in the P4 packet. The SO should write the name of the American citizen she/he is to marry on the form and sign it in the presence of a VO who will also sign it. This form is in addition to the "intent to marry" letter most people write.

Edited by IluvmyLi (see edit history)

I have two questions if anyone can answer for us:

First, in Shanghai, Jie was able to get another 'single' certificate from another govt office. It basically is a notarized govt statement that there was no record of her registering a marriage in Shanghai since 2002. This comes off a computer govt database that began in 2002. I thought this might be good additional proof to the sworn statement that everyone gets notarized.

She brought this to the hospital, but the doctor only wanted the sworn statement. Is there no value to this certificate? Should she present it at the interview?

Second, the doctor refused to complete the vaccination form. He said K1 applicants need not complete this at all. I understand the vaccs are not necessary for k1, but then why did GZ send this in the package, and will the missing blank form be a problem?

Just a note for all the readers. This is the part right here that cost us almost a year delay on AOS and an extra trip to China - "The doctor will rip out the pages they need, and put the rest in the garbage."

We had planned to photo copy everything, and thought that the Birth Certificates would go with us to the interview. Well, this is where they disapeared.

So my point is, make sure you photo copy everything. After the medical people put your stuff in a sealed brown envelope, the next time you see it is when you arrive in the States after a 12 hr flight. Then you only see it briefly as the immigration officer opens the brown envelope. Then you never see it again.

Dean

Just a note for all the readers. This is the part right here that cost us almost a year delay on AOS and an extra trip to China - "The doctor will rip out the pages they need, and put the rest in the garbage."

We had planned to photo copy everything, and thought that the Birth Certificates would go with us to the interview. Well, this is where they disapeared.

So my point is, make sure you photo copy everything. After the medical people put your stuff in a sealed brown envelope, the next time you see it is when you arrive in the States after a 12 hr flight. Then you only see it briefly as the immigration officer opens the brown envelope. Then you never see it again.

Dean

183929[/snapback]

It is for this reason that we got duplicate notarized copies of the police , single, and birth certs.... I have often heard of GZ being called a 'black hole'. So, we copy everything as well, but for the notarized and translated docs, we just got actual duplicates, rather than photocopies.