Getting ready

Hello ,

Seems to me, Some here have a very good handle on all this. My SO got the the Marriage registration done. Not withstanding any problems with that. I have appt. to fill in some info when I get there and we have a marriage date at the HK marriage registry for marriage on Feb. 11th. I just wanted to run this by you all to make sure I understand correctly:

K-3

We get married in HK get marriage certifcate

I file I-130 Petition for alien relative ( do I do this here or there?)

I file I-129 Petition for alien fiance (when do I do this? when I get back?)

I have lists of all that we need as far as (Police cert, marriage cert. birth cert. divorce cert. Med exam, Passport, financial support I-134. passport photos, DS-156, DS-156K) Chinese docs translated to english and photos of us together. Proof of relationship (I hear this is not as important if you're married). Pictures of wedding, Proof of communication. Email, Instant messenger, web cam. I don't have much in the way of phone communication, She does not speak much english and we use my chinese teacher for translating on the phone.

Am I missing anything? I have been over every thread and State dept. web page I can find. I want to get it all right the first time. I would appriciate any suggestions or advise.

Thank you much

Mat

Guest pushbrk
Hello , 

Seems to me, Some here have a very good handle on all this. My  SO got the the Marriage registration done. Not withstanding any problems with that. I have appt. to fill in some info when I get there and we have a marriage date at the HK marriage registry for marriage on Feb. 11th.  I just wanted to run this by you all to make sure I understand correctly:

K-3

We get married in HK get marriage certifcate

I file I-130 Petition for alien relative ( do I do this here or there?)

I file I-129 Petition for alien fiance (when do I do this? when I get back?)

I have lists of all that we need as far as (Police cert, marriage cert. birth cert. divorce cert. Med exam, Passport, financial support I-134. passport photos, DS-156, DS-156K) Chinese docs translated to english and photos of us together. Proof of relationship (I hear this is not as important if you're married). Pictures of wedding, Proof of communication. Email, Instant messenger, web cam. I don't have much in the way of phone communication, She does not speak much english and we use my chinese teacher for translating on the phone.

Am I missing anything?  I have been over every thread and State dept. web page I can find. I want to get it all right the first time. I would appriciate any suggestions or advise.

Thank you much

Mat

183799[/snapback]

After you marry in Hong Kong, make sure you get at least 3 notarized copies of your official marriage certificate in English. (If not already in English. I'm not sure what you'll get as an original in HK.)

You file the I-130 with the appropriate USCIS Service Center based on you US residence. Mail it from wherever you are when you have it ready.

After you get the NOA1 for the I-130 you can file the I-129F for the K3 visa. That's where I am now, waiting for the NOA1 on the I-130

Keep reading the other similar threads here. As your reading prompts questions, ask them.

I seem to remember in one of the earlier threads discussing your situation, information was given about whether your wife's K3 processing and interview would be in HK or GUZ but I don't remember the answer.

I THINK the answer was HK and that because of that the whole process has historically be quicker.

Mat you make me smile. You have some months of waiting you did not put in your list. You have evertything you will need for the next few months. Get married first Mat and then all the documents you have will become clear. I remember thinking the same way. I GET TO SAY THE WORDS..........Have a seat Mat. :)