Medical Exam Paperwork

I checked the FAQ and I'm not clear at what point, or to whom, my SO needs to give her Divorce, Birth, Single, and Police certificate.

Under FAQ P4:

Q.1.17 What should be brought to the medical exam?

A.1.17.5

K1, K3:

1) Four (4) passport pictures (print name on back)

2) Beneficiary Passport

3) P4 Appointment letter (make copies; give them a copy if they will accept it)

4) P3 collected docs from OF-167 (divorce, police, marriage, police certificates, etc -- make copies)

5) P4 (K1 list) (make copies)

a. DS-156 in duplicate: 2 in English ; 2 in Chinese ; (sign); attached (2) passport photos of beneficiary to each (total of 4 pics)

b. DS-156K in duplicate: 2 in English ; 2 in Chinese ; (do not sign ; beneficiary will sign at consulate)

c. DS-157 in duplicate: 2 in English ; 2 in Chinese ; (no signature needed; no signature block)

d. GNI-2 , Supplemental Form (do not sign ; beneficiary will sign at consulate)

e. GIV-24 , Family Composition Sheet (sign)

f. Medical docs from P4 (Instructions and worksheet)

g. Certification of legal capacity and intent to marry (K1: do not sign; beneficiary will sign at consulate)

6) DS-230, Part II (CR1 only)

7) If any shot records on hand, bring (CR1/CR2)

8) Have blank forms for P4 docs (in case something is wrong)

Line number 4) seems to imply that her certificates need to be brought to the medical.

Anyone can answer this please? :blink:

You telling me that when she goes for medical, she needs to hand over her certified divorce, single cert, birth cert and police cert?

The reason I need to know is because I have her Certified Birth certificate with me. I was planning on giving it to her when I came to China for her interview.

You telling me that when she goes for medical, she needs to hand over her certified divorce, single cert, birth cert and police cert? 

The reason I need to know is because I have her Certified Birth certificate with me.  I was planning on giving it to her when I came to China for her interview.

183545[/snapback]

Jie brought all of these for her first visit, and they asked her to come back tomorrow for the results and to bring all of the above, including all of the certs.

I think this all will be packaged and sealed, not to be opened until the interview.

The reason I need to know is because I have her Certified Birth certificate with me.  I was planning on giving it to her when I came to China for her interview.

183545[/snapback]

Jie brought all of these for her first visit, and they asked her to come back tomorrow for the results and to bring all of the above, including all of the certs.

I think this all will be packaged and sealed, not to be opened until the interview.

183548[/snapback]

Dang it anyway. Guess I better send her birth cert in the mail.

Or maybe we'll just spend the week in Guangzhou and do everything at once. :P

It could take longer than a week to request, translate and pickup these..  so best to send.

183553[/snapback]

David,

My SO has already had these certs. Tomorrow she is planning on getting updated ones because the previous ones will expire in March. I have her Birth certificate which doesn't need updating.

She just sent back her P3. And yes I know this might be a bit premature, but this is what she wanted to do. :P

I'm assuming that if she has all these certs in hand, then we can go to the medical together about one week before the interview.

Yes, have all the items in the list... if your missing something you will be told to correct it and it can be brought back at pickup.

You can get expedited exams (next day pickup) for about 100 yuan.

There are two GUZ hospitals.. we had ours in BJ.. but I have heard good reports from those going to Health Care Center of Guangzhou.

Reports on experiences at hospitals are valuable, but sometimes the experience could be in regards to shots or something not applicable to everyone. Hopefully you can give us your experience afterwards :P

i have heard some bad feeling for medical in Guang zhou hospital. if  you can, try to do another city.  if you only can do GZ, I  have heard there are two hospital in GZ, and one is better, i donot know which is better. perhaps another members can say? :P

183556[/snapback]

Thanks Jie,

Having bad feelings about the medical didn't even cross my mind. Until now. :blink:

No really I'm not concerned about the medical itself. I'm just trying to make sure my Li has all the required documents with her at the time of medical. She will have everything she needs except the Birth cert that I have with me in USA. I need to see if she wants to do the medical while i'm in China or is she wants to do it much sooner. Then i'll know if I need to mail her the Birth cert or just bring it with me.

I just hope that she isn't getting her updated Certificates too early. But she is the boss, so no argueing about it. :P

My observation about GUZ having hospital to seal all the documents into the envelop is to add a check point, to ensure the applicant have had everything ready when they actually go to the interview. If you have one or two pieces of documents not ready, you can just bring them in on the interview day, along with the sealed envelop. When the consulate worker asked you to open the sealed envelop, you can add in whatever left out of the packet.

Take a note though, this is not the rule, just my observation. It is better to have everything ready when going to the hospital for the health check.

My observation about GUZ having hospital to seal all the documents into the envelop is to add a check point, to ensure the applicant have had everything ready when they actually go to the interview.  If you have one or two pieces of documents not ready, you can just bring them in on the interview day, along with the sealed envelop.  When the consulate worker asked you to open the sealed envelop, you can add in whatever left out of the packet.

Take a note though, this is not the rule, just my observation.  It is better to have everything ready when going to the hospital for the health check.

183561[/snapback]

So when she hands over the sealed envelope at the interview, she can also hand the VO my I-134, intent to marry and other proof at same time?

And I also assume her intent to marry is not incuded in the sealed envelope.

I don't think it's too early.. (I would wait, but listen to her).. but she should definitely get a few copies.. the birth certificate is important to have copies of !! If she's getting the other ones, why not get more of the birth cert (unless you have copies too)

183563[/snapback]

Thx David,

I'll talk to her about it.

Those things aren't cheap though. :P