1) The colloquial term for "male bovine fecal matter" may sound a lot like "bu shi", and may have a similar meaning in certain contexts, but unlike "bu shi" is not always appropriate for use, particularly in public.

2) When you become used to using a mix of Chinese and English when speaking to your spouse, be aware that bystanders not versed in basic Mandarin may mistake an excited response of "Bu shi!" to something your spouse has said, for the abovementioned term that is sometimes abbreviated as B.S.

Keep these two points in mind to spare yourself and your loved one embarrassment.

Let's not forget counting on fingers. Everyone I came across and had cause to count started with the thumb as 1, pointer 2, middle 3, ring 4, thumb 5, go to right hand, repeat...

So my wife is aware that over here, people would be offended because they wouldn't necessarily see or hear the context... Watch your 3's and 8's, especially when pointing to "that one."

Of course it goes both ways... I was always making sure my feet bottoms weren't showing, though it is a more natural seating position for me... :lol:

1) The colloquial term for "male bovine fecal matter" may sound a lot like "bu shi", and may have a similar meaning in certain contexts, but unlike "bu shi" is not always appropriate for use, particularly in public.

2) When you become used to using a mix of Chinese and English when speaking to your spouse, be aware that bystanders not versed in basic Mandarin may mistake an excited response of "Bu shi!" to something your spouse has said, for the abovementioned term that is sometimes abbreviated as B.S.

Keep these two points in mind to spare yourself and your loved one embarrassment.

183407[/snapback]

Sounds like a bunch of BS to me, man ... just kidding.