G-325A Question

I read this originally in the alt.visa.us.marriage-based newsgroup FAQ.. which is the VJ FAQ [now or was always]... one can read it there as well...

"FAQ Trivia.... In the newsgroup, a retired USCIS (INS) examiner has said the USCIS (INS) Service Centers throw away everything except sheet 1 of the G-325A. He said the carbon form G-325A is only sent out cause the USCIS (INS) still has thousands of them lying around. We don't really know if that is true though. "

---

The visa service I used for compiling the initial application said they only send in one copy [to any visa center] since that is all that is required.. So, for them, it is standard procedure and they don't get RFEs...

---

but I do agree with a comment you made in another post; one should do what makes them comfortable... and I was comfortable to do it based on various confirmed evidence. :D

Guest pushbrk
I read this originally in the alt.visa.us.marriage-based newsgroup FAQ.. which is the VJ FAQ [now or was always]... one can read it there as well...

"FAQ Trivia.... In the newsgroup, a retired USCIS (INS) examiner has said the USCIS (INS) Service Centers throw away everything except sheet 1 of the G-325A. He said the carbon form G-325A is only sent out cause the USCIS (INS) still has thousands of them lying around. We don't really know if that is true though. "

---

The visa service I used for compiling the initial application said they only send in one copy [to any visa center] since that is all that is required.. So, for them, it is standard procedure and they don't get RFEs... 

---

but I do agree with a comment you made in another post; one should do what makes them comfortable... and I was comfortable to do it based on various confirmed evidence.    :D

182289[/snapback]

Using only one copy would sure cut down on the number of original benficiary signatures consumed. :-) I mean "obtained."

From reading the forms themselves, each copy had a designated final destination, entity. One for uscis, one for nvc, one for consulate. It had nothing to do with how many people were being applied for visas. It was clearly stated on the forms to send in complete 4 page application for each person being applied for a visa.

Take it from someone that has already been "RFE'd" Send in exactly what they ask for, no more, no less.

Guest ShaQuaNew

While I'm seeing some recommend providing less than what's required and somehow getting away with it, that is NEVER a good idea relating to the US government. The US government routinely misses things when under heavy workload, but later may look back and say hey.....where is that stuff. Bottom line, give them what they ask for. Avoid providing too much, but meet the expectation fully prepared to provide extra if needed.