Already Received P3, DOS Says "No Record"

I called DOS today (1-202-663-1225, 1, 0, 0).

I gave the person our Guangzhou case number and asked what the status of the case was.

She had me hold for a few moments.

When she came back, she informed me that she had no information. That Guangzhou had not ever entered anything into the computer at all. Neither receipt of our petition nor the fact that they mailed out the P3.

Well, Guangzhou definitely received our petition because they already mailed out the P3 almost two weeks ago! I was calling to see if they had received the P3 back from us (we mailed it back same day we got it), but the woman I was speaking to at DOS said that I know more that her and nothing has been entered into the computer at all by GZ.

I plan to call and fax Guangzhou as soon as possible.

Can anyone clear up what might be going on? The lady at DOS said this is not normal, even for Guangzhou.

I am afraid that something is going wrong.

Thanks,

Joe

joe,

Just call DOS a few times next week till you get someone competent enough to give you a straight answer.. If you get a guy named Shawn, he is usally very good... Make sure you give them a second bit of information about the beneficiary to make sure they are looking at the right record (ie: DOB).

Don't sweat this one [yet]...

I wouldnt sweat it, as suggested try again. Perhaps she did not put in the right number? DOS has been perhaps the most accurate source of info, so if you got the package and they dont show it, something else is up, and it may just be the operator. Try again !