Name Check & waiting on P4

Today I called DOS (Dept of State) at 1-202-663-1225 1-2-0 to check my CR1 case status since it appeared times have sped up. I was told we are not yet scheduled for an interview. I did verify that the name check was completed 9/5/05. The bad news is that they told me since her name check is over 90 days old they will probably have to do another name check. I did not ask who is responsible for getting the name check redone if it is older than 90 days. I asked when I should check back and they suggested that I call back in two weeks. Has anyone heard that a name check should not be over 90 days old to issue an interview date? Any suggestions what I could do to get an interview date? Should I call DOS back and ask who should initiate another name check?

Guest ShaQuaNew

Because you are CR1 your timeline will most likely be along the lines of your first post on this site. Looks like you've got a while to wait.... <_<

Hello all,I am a U.S. citizen that works and lives in Nanchang Jiangxi Provence. Since Jiangxi is in the Beijing district I filed a I-130 directly to the Beijing Embassy July 14. They told me they will take 2-3 months to approve my petition then forward it to Guangzhou where they will take an additional 7 months. Bob

see also...

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...=0entry179948

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...sult_type=posts

Sounds like you filed directly at the consulate... I'm not sure of the protocol for name checks for those filing at an overseas consulate. Did you mention this to the DOS rep ? Not sure if this is handled any differently than those of us filing stateside.. but it is very routine for most of us to get a second name check initiated by GUZ.. sorry to hear this has slowed down the normally fast DCF process for you...

please keep us informed, would like to know how your case proceeds ..

best to you.