Since both the K3/K4 and CR1 are at GZ but not the CR2(onto NVC now), and she have the interview for the K3 in Feb2006. My wife ask GZ about the interview for the CR1 and GZ replied saying that they can not scheldule the CR1 interview because the CR2 is NOT in GZ, is this true? Why is 1 have to wait for the other to be in GZ before schelduling of the CR-Visa interview? I thought it does not matter which CR gets to GZ first. If anyone have an answer, please let me know. So darm confusing....thanks in advance.

CK

I just posted a reply to your other post. You probably don't want the CR-1 to proceed unless you also want to return to GUZ when the CR-2 paperwork arrives and the CR-2 visa is readied for issuance. It may be a crap shoot whether the CR-2 paperwork arrives before your wife has to use or lose the CR-1 visa (usually 6 months from issuance). Personally, I think it makes more sense to go with the K-3/K-4 and then adjust status for both mom and daughter after they arrive in the US.

I wouldn't suggest delaying the interview to allow the CR-2 paperwork to catch up. You have an interview date. Take it. As they say, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. ;)

I just posted a reply to your other post.  You probably don't want the CR-1 to proceed unless you also want to return to GUZ when the CR-2 paperwork arrives and the CR-2 visa is readied for issuance.  It may be a crap shoot whether the CR-2 paperwork arrives before your wife has to use or lose the CR-1 visa (usually 6 months from issuance).  Personally, I think it makes more sense to go with the K-3/K-4 and then adjust status for both mom and daughter after they arrive in the US.

I wouldn't suggest delaying the interview to allow the CR-2 paperwork to catch up.  You have an interview date.  Take it.  As they say, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. ;)

179775[/snapback]

Thanks frank1538 andn thanks for the other replied.... I do know what you mean about getting them both here. I would rather have this than wait another 8 to 9 months. The only reason that I want to have the CR1 for the K3 interview date is that my wife and I are still waiting for the results for my step-daughter from the court in Jan 25. We are not sure if our lawyer can have the court make the deadbeat father sign the permission letter for my step-daughter to leave china.

We are not sure if our lawyer can have the court make the deadbeat father sign the permission letter for my step-daughter to leave china.

179781[/snapback]

I recall that there wasn't a previous marriage/divorce involved. Did the court ever issue a sole custody order or decree? I'm wondering whether you actually need the deadbeat's permission if the court has granted sole custody to the mom.

I recall that there wasn't a previous marriage/divorce involved.  Did the court ever issue a sole custody order or decree?  I'm wondering whether you actually need the deadbeat's permission if the court has granted sole custody to the mom.

179785[/snapback]

nope, there wasn't a previous marriage/divorce involved and the court did not issue sole custody to my wife.

CK,

On your other post I was NOT aware that you have a court date in Jan regarding custody. With an interview date in FEB. I would await the outcome of the custody/permission and IF granted go for the K-3/4. Get them BOTH HOME NOW if you have the chance!

BTW: Info regarding CR-1 and 2 that you received above *APPEARS* bogus to me. My wife was interviewed in June, came here in July. Step-daughter's petition is at GUZ awaiting interview. CR 1 and 2 visas do NOT HAVE derivative status like the "K" visas. My Chinese Wife will  return to CN at a later date to accompany the step to her interview later.

179862[/snapback]

mmmm....my apology for not making it clear in the other post. anyway, my wife say that we should know the answer at the end of Jan about outcome from the court. Yes, as of now I do plan to go for the K3 interview and get them both here.

Yeah, I know what you mean. When my told me about what that I was furious. Anyway, wish the outcome of the court is on my side.