Advanced Parole received.

Some of you may recall we got an RFE for the Advance Parole which was a request for the passport photos.

That thread can be found here: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13922

We have received the advanced parole, which consists of two copies of a single sheet of paper. They both appear to be an original form I-512L. It says it is good for a year. The photo is a scan on the paper.

Because there are two copies of this, does it mean that my SO can go outside the USA twice? Is this two re-entry permits?

AP is like a multi entry visa, right?  No limit on the trips??

177558[/snapback]

http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/adjustme...nce-parole.html

Advance Parole (Form I-512) for adjustment applicants will be valid for a period which coincides with the time normally required for completion of an adjustment application not to exceed one year. (It means that it is valid for one year looking at the current status of adjustment of status processing.) It is usually valid for multiple entries. One copy for the applicant, one copy for the USCIS at the port of entry and one for the airline (so that they let you board the plane without other valid visa). First time you travel back to the US, you give the appropriate copies to the airline and USCIS, and USCIS will stamp your copy. Subsequent times, you can just show your copy and travel.

Form I-94 should be endorsed with the parole stamp. If Form I-512 indicates no specific authorization date, the parole should be valid for a maximum period of 1 year from the date parole was granted at the Port of Entry. Generally, for the I-485-based AP, the person is paroled in "indefinitely" for I-485 based advance parole.

Advance parole may be accepted by an airline instead of a visa as an authorization for the holder to travel to the US. It can't be issued to serve in place of any required passport. It can't be used to circumvent the normal visa issuingprocess neither is it a means to bypass delays in visa issuance.

Edited by tonado (see edit history)

Someone posted this warning, which I put in the FAQ... so have to be a little careful where you travel to... or where you get connections through..

Q. Can I travel to Canada on AP?

A.

One thing to be aware of is AP will only get you out of and into the USA. It will not allow you to travel to Canada for instance with out a visa from there. A green card will. A friend of mines wife went back to China to visit on AP and coming back she booked a non refundable ticket with a layover in Vancouver BC. They wouldn't let her board the plane without a transit visa.She ended up having to buy another ticket without a stop in Canada.

If Form I-512 indicates no specific authorization date, the parole should be valid for a maximum period of 1 year from the date parole was granted at the Port of Entry. Generally, for the I-485-based AP, the person is paroled in "indefinitely" for I-485 based advance parole.

177564[/snapback]

do you mean that the parole should be valid for one year from the date the AP application was approved. Ours was approved on Nov 29, 2005, and it says "Presentation fo the original of this documnet prior to 11/29/2006 will authorize an immigration officer at a POE in the US to permit the named bearer ... to enter the US"