were waiting on our p3 here (k1 & k3)

the problem we have is that if we get their visa berfore her daughter finish`s school , can wife come here first , then when school is out in july she will follow , or do they both have to come here together ???? need all the i can getwith this one ,, also i live here florida what records do we need to for her go to school here she will be in jr high.

as this for speed we sent our k1 & k3 june 30 received at csc july 7 notice .............................we recieved notice on dec 9 that are packet been sent to GUZ

THANKS PETER

I'm a little confused about the type of visa you're seeking. K-1/K-2 (fiance(e) and child) or K-3/K-4 (spouse and child). It is possible for the daughter to travel separately from the mom, but you have to pay special attention to the timing. I am aware of two options, but there may be other alternatives out there.

I believe K-2 and K-4 visas are valid for 180 days, meaning they must be used to enter the US within 180 days after issuance. So, if the daughter goes to the interview with mom and gets her visa at the same time her mom does, she has up to 180 days to actually use the visa to enter the US.

An alternative is to have the daughter put into a "follow to join" category which means that she can delay the issuance of her visa for up to a year after mom gets her visa, but the daughter's visa must actually be issued within that one year period, so you will have to factor in how long it will take to process her application if you go this route. Check out the GUZ speaks subforum where the consulate has provided some direct information on the "follow to join" procedures.

In either event, you might want to make sure the consulate knows your intentions so that if a separation of the US POE paperwork between the mom and the daughter is needed, it gets done. I would hate to see the daughter try to enter the US only to be told that she's missing something that was buried in her mom's entry package.

I can't speak directly to the Florida school requirements, but I'll hazard a guess that she will need at least her vaccination records. For my step kids, we didn't need to provide any transcripts, just the vaccination records, but that was Georgia.