Research Name Check Progress

Is it possible to find out where in the Name Check process you are? I am now into my 16th month since the start of my 130 and 6th month in Name Check. I have been waiting this out in China but will be forced to return to the states soon to take care of personal business. I would not want to fly back and a week later something positive happens. Any Ideas or is this impossible? Done the DOS, Shanghai, Marty Harty and nothing.

Guest ShaQuaNew
Is it possible to find out where in the Name Check process you are? I am now into my 16th month since the start of my 130 and 6th month in Name Check. I have been waiting this out in China but will be forced to return to the states soon to take care of personal business. I would not want to fly back and a week later something positive happens. Any Ideas or is this impossible? Done the DOS, Shanghai, Marty Harty and nothing.

176927[/snapback]

If you've not already done so then you must exercise your best alternative, which is to contact your local US congressperson and / or US Senators. Call them on the telephone and ask to speak with the person delegated to handle immigration issues. You must sign a release that you can often find online, but if not they can fax one to you. Sign it, and fax it back.

Senators and congress reps have special email addresses and numbers they can contact to get an update on your case. They will indeed get a reply, although it will probably not provide a great amount of detail. It will however provide you with a benchmark.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)