Unmarried Certificats

All,

Well, to be honest, I did not want to delve into the negative past, but I did see a very legitimate question.

To answer it since I think it may be helpful to all of you: my fiancee was not "legally" married to this guy.  At least this is what I was told by her family after the fact during the confrontations over the phone.

Although they called each other "husband" and "wife" and from what I could understand from their letters, planned to "be together in the future and would work toward that".  As far as I am concerned, that constitutes "husband and wife", which is why I felt betrayed that she has a "husband" back home.  Even if they are not legally married, I still felt betrayed just as much as if they were.

Also, even if she was, her single certificate was obtained close to a year ago.  When she confessed to my father as he drove her to the airport, she admitted she met this guy "3-6 months ago".  This was well after we got all her paperwork together, so even if she had been legally married to this guy, the certificate would not have reflected that.

P.J.

Could have been worse!! You could have lost children and grandchildren in the future!!! :D :D