USCIS is no FUN!

I try to give the USCIS the benefit of the doubt but it is getting very difficult to do!... :surprise:

It was unfortunate for us to be given such a conscienceless immigration officer at my stepdaughter's AOS appointment last week.

We got a letter in the mail today ordering biometrics again just when it was done on June 28th in Norfolk. The letter states to have it done in Charleston, WV by January 31st.

That's a long drive for us not to mention the time and expense.

We've complied to every directive set on us by this agency and this is the consideration we get! I do take it personal, I think I have the right TO DO SO!!!

The IO was unfair. I was asked for my tax returns; I handed them in. I was asked for a letter of employment, and I handed that in. I had all my bases covered, right down to asking the IO if she was going to collect the I-693 from me before we left. "Oh yes, I'm going to need that, aren't I?", was her response. She asked me, "How long have you two been married?" I distinctly told her, "THREE YEARS?"

I'm tired of jumping through hoops for these people.

My wife's IO was a pleasant man and the interview went well back in July. He even looked on his computer to see if Hui's case was there so he could do it the same day but the info wasn't there. Why couldn't this lady be just as pleasant?, instead of making it rough on us, and a 15 y.o. child. I can't afford to be driving all over the damn state, with winter and inclement weather on the horizon, especially since the biometrics has already been done!.................

The USCIS has got me disillusioned and despondent!

Help Mick!, I am going through what you have already been through!!...........

This is one of the stupidest aspects of the AOS. Your wife's AOS is approved. Her daughter's K status is derivative, but not her LPR status, so she still has to go through a separate AOS interview. Query, is it possible that the mother can pass and the daughter not? Why shouldn't the interview be pro forma or why have one at all?

"Sorry, Mr. tywy, we cannot approve your daughter's I-485. She'll have to leave the country. Oh, her mother has already been approved? Well, I guess it makes sense for the daughter to be approved as well, but I just don't like not having the power to screw you, so I'll just make it as difficult as possible and force you to jump through all these hoops...just because I can."

Hang in there. It'll be over one day, and may the IO be the recipient of the south end of a north-facing camel . Since this is a public forum, I won't post what I really think should happen. :greenblob: