DS-157, DS-230 Concerns

Hello everyone,

I am working on the 156, 156k, and DS-230 papers while waiting for my approval notice.

My SO is a little concerned with the employment question. She was a teacher at a local elementary school and quit when we met due to the treatment she was receiving from her female colleagues. She is worried that they may say bad things about her that are not true. She recently visited the school and the manager (who is also mean and a female) asked her some very personal questions and wanted to know if she was a communist party member, which she is not. She wants to write a letter to the principal (another female) reaffirming that she is not a communist party member, has paid no dues, and was not even introduced to the communist party by 2 members. I told her to not contact these people at all. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Rick

My timeline.

April 29, 2005 - Met online.

July 9, 2005 - Visited her and stayed until August 7th.

- Confirmed our feelings for one another and wanted to get married.

November 4, 2005 - Submitted I-129F (received Nov. 9)

January 1, 2006 - Next visit.

I sense from your post that the concern is that GUZ or the VO will do a check on past employment or ask questions about it... I highly doubt either one. I'd personally be more concerned about 'third party' correspondence to the consulate from anyone affliated with the school.

I would say the less contact she has with anyone the better; and hopefully the faster any issues of the past are forgotten.

I'm not sure if the treatment she received was because she told her colleagues of her plans to get a visa.. but the golden rule in this process is that the SO needs to NOT TELL ANYONE !!

My advice is: Don't write anyone; don't visit anyone; don't tell anyone; don't discuss it anymore.

Stick together on this plan, don't worry too much about it and just learn about and love each other as much as possible...

David has said it clearly and I'll just affirm David's post by saying, "keep a low profile throughout the process especially on your SO's end in China."

Things like this happens when people talk too much and it has happend more than once.

Don't upset the apple cart and remember, Out of sight-Out of mind.

-good luck

I cannot overemphasize the importance of "keeping a low profile". Some of my wife's friends and relatives didn't even hear a thing about it. She called them after we got to the US and let them know that she had gone to America.

Maybe we were a bit on the paranoid side, but better safe than sorry.