how long it takes to process CR5 in GZ?

I am an american citizen filing for parents (CR5) to immigrate to usa, my case was completed in NVC and shipped to GZ a few days ago. Is there anybody know how long it takes for GZ to process CR5 (american citizen filing for parents)? any information or experience is appreciated.

I am an american citizen filing for parents (CR5) to immigrate to usa, my case was completed in NVC and shipped to GZ a few days ago. Is there anybody know how long it takes for GZ to process CR5 (american citizen filing for parents)?  any information or experience is appreciated.

173427[/snapback]

This may help. http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/parentapp.htm#Mother

I was trying to find the priority system for family members but I couldn't find anything on parents. I know there is a priortiy system for US citizens and permanent residents. 1st priority is sons and daughters of american citizens. Parents, brothers and sister is probably 2nd. There is X amount of these visas issued per year so you basically grab a number and stand in line.When a visa becomes available you get one. My best guess would be 2 - 5 years.

Under family-based immigration, parents fall under the visa category of Immediate Relative, IR5, and have no priority, preference, or conditional status.

Only an US citizen, either by birth or naturalization, can petition for their parents, (I-130).

Being as such, the wait shouldn't be any different than petitioning for a CR1/CR2 or an IR1/IR2. Like Don said, maybe 5 or 6 months. You can find out from members here on how long their wait was for the immigrant visa, whether conditional or not. Use that as a "yardstick."

-good luck

• 2 months later...
I am an american citizen filing for parents (CR5) to immigrate to usa, my case was completed in NVC and shipped to GZ a few days ago. Is there anybody know how long it takes for GZ to process CR5 (american citizen filing for parents)?  any information or experience is appreciated.

173427[/snapback]

I am working on the same paperwork for my parents. Their cases haven't been completed by NVC yet. I am still waiting for the DS230. What will be the next after NVC forward the case to GUZ?