The next challenge

Snow is coming next Tuesday and time to teach my wife about driving in snow and removing snow from driveway and car. It is not going to be fun this winter for her. I just change the auto battery because she complained about red warning lights and the car couldn't move. She didn't know the car needs to be started before it can function.

They had snow warnings here in Portland the other day but fortunately snow didn't happen. I tried to tell my wife she can't drive on it so if it snowed call in and not go to work. I was promptly told "Pi!!! must go work."

The driving scene with my wife has been a learning experience and mostly enjoyable of late. The first time she drove at night she said, as we were going down the dark road, this is like driving in a dream....lol. That was cute! She said the other night that she won't drive in the "contryside" at night without me. She's afraid some bad people will lay out nails to flatten the tires and rob her. This is what she says happens in China's countryside.

She doesn't pass up an oppertunity to drive, though! She loves it!

This is the first full winter for the wife as well. Although she's been driving since July, figured we better go out and get a 4 wheel drive. We picked up a an '03 Jeep Liberty the day before Thanksgiving.....The following Saturday, she slides off the road and creams a brick wall...Status of Jeep? Totaled.. :cheering: over $14,000 to repair.

Her pride more hurt than her with just a slight bruise on her side and wondering if we still have to pay for the Jeep :cheering: . Daughter was unhurt in the back seat. We go out this Friday for another and give it a go agian...

Figure this...she's been driving our 3/4 ton Dodge pick-up back and forth to work without a scratch.

The thought of my wife driving (let alone in the snow) has caused me to wake up screaming in the night. Three visits to China where I was forced to let her drive was more than I could handle..

Fortunately, I've been able to convince her to wait till spring to get her license. Of course, not without me making other concessions such as buying her a new bedroom set.

Three weeks ago an accident cause the road (that she usually drives to go home) was closed. So she called me about the detour. I had to leave work early and drove 45 minutes to go find her. After I got there, the road was re-opened. Since she doesn't drive the highways, there are only a few roads she can drive. Lately she had been asking me about direction to the mall by local streets. Once she learns the direction, she probably goes shopping all the time. :( And she shops for hours.