I Am Now Officially At Wit's End

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Adams, NR is the only code for clearance. (NR means "no record").

so, unless the record shows NR it's pending right, regardless of whatever other codes attached to it?

If NR, then the visa is processed and issued, right?

Is this NR stuff refering to a case number, a name ,a resub date? This is important. If NR attaches to a case # GUZ, then resub date shouldn't matter, ditto with a full name...There's only one per applicant . but if the returned NR refers to a resub date only ( there are several per applicant ) ... then... refer to my above theory of clearances and resubs musical chair

You saw that screen Mick, maybe you remember

so, unless the record shows NR it's pending right, regardless of whatever other codes attached to it?

Is this NR stuff refering to a case number, a name ,a resub date? This is important. If NR attaches to a case # GUZ, then resub date shouldn't matter, ditto with a full name...There's only one per applicant . but if the returned NR refers to a resub date only ( there are several per applicant ) ... then... refer to my above theory of clearances and resubs musical chair

As I recall Eric, the screen was an Excell spreadsheet with many columns. In the first column was the name, next column case number, then there was a column with the last resub date. After this was the column with the various "codes". There were a few other columns as well but I don't recall what was in them. After all, I don't have a photographic memory. :D

Don't know if this helps, but like I said, it did show the last resub date. That I remember for sure because he pulled up our case as an example. The only date showing was the interview date and last resub date, Jan. 13. The column with the codes was blank, indicating no response yet from Stateside. That was as of Feb. 10th.

If you are on to something here, like I said, hope this helps. Might want to check with Owen as he saw the screen as well.

As I recall Eric, the screen was an Excell spreadsheet with many columns. In the first column was the name, next column case number, then there was a column with the last resub date. After this was the column with the various "codes". There were a few other columns as well but I don't recall what was in them. After all, I don't have a photographic memory. :D

Don't know if this helps, but like I said, it did show the last resub date. That I remember for sure because he pulled up our case as an example. The only date showing was the interview date and last resub date, Jan. 13. The column with the codes was blank, indicating no response yet from Stateside. That was as of Feb. 10th.

If you are on to something here, like I said, hope this helps. Might want to check with Owen as he saw the screen as well.

Yes, I am on to something.. I think it confirms what I was thinking.. and spoke to AngryTexan on the phone about..

If that "code" column is waiting for a clearance for the "last resub" column, it will show blank, even though a clearance might have been received for a PRIOR resub date ( like for AngryTexan) ..if in fact GZ system keeps only the LAST resub date on file in their system.

God, I would bet on this.

This sounds very logical to explain this infuriating fiasco # 34

And since resubs come a week apart or 3 months apart... there is no way to "predict" a possible screw up on a particular case.. Which could explain the randomness.

Lay this out step by step. It is so incredible, it is starting to make sense!

As an example...

Step 1: Resub request # 1 from GZ Case GUZ2002123456 Ref: 1234... Nov 16

Step 2: Dos working on case clearance refered #1234 Dec 12

Step 3: FBI doing whatever the hell they are doing Dec 13- Jan 25

Step 4: Dos Computers shows . Clearance Ref 1234 Cleared Jan 27

Step 4: Dos cable GZ clearance #1234 ( GZ last resub request )

Step 5: GZ sits on it for a while ( too many to process )

Step 6: Feb 18.. Gz computer says.. Geez,,, still pending.. let's resub !

Step 7 : Resub request # 2 from GZ Case GUZ2002123456 Ref: 4567... Feb 20 ( now showing as last resub at GZ )

Step 8: Poor clearance for resub # 1234 trying to find it's way on GZ computer, that now shows ONLY pending LAST resub # 4567 of 2/20.. No luck. Where is my resub I was clearing? :D

Step 8: FUBAR

You see what I mean? Computers talks number..cross-reference and so on

And I think some got visas earlier or at random, because those resubs were random close or far apart.. Some only once,, and up to 3.. Some 10 days apart, some 3 months apart..

My belief is that if your CA clearance came before another resub was submitted by GZ ( that is the clearance was FOR the last resub in GZ system ) , you show in the system at GZ as cleared and home free.

Then again,, I might be completely wrong, but it sure does make sense to me

Eric, take a deep breath and collect your thoughts. Lay this out step by step. It is so incredible, it is starting to make sense!

oh, it sure does make sense to me... I started smelling rat a few days ago...with this resub nonsense...and the fact that I have no reason whatsoever to believe that either A.S or any other were just making up a clearance date when we called.

I think most folks we have dealt with have been fairly straight forward on their understanding of what was going on. The problem is SNAFU and FUBAR all the way round. Every 'fix' caused a new unforseen problem that caught everyone off guard. Looks like it may not be over yet.

My God, I was right!!!! The Borg have taken over. :blink:

It does make sense Eric, but I sure as heck hope you are wrong. This could go on forever. Let us assume for the moment you are correct. Surely someone in the food chain would have enough sense to have figured this out by now. But then, maybe that's wishful thinking on my part. :D

Eric, take a deep breath and collect your thoughts. Lay this out step by step. It is so incredible, it is starting to make sense!

oh, it sure does make sense to me... I started smelling rat a few days ago...with this resub nonsense...and the fact that I have no reason whatsoever to believe that either A.S or any other were just making up a clearance date when we called.

I think most folks we have dealt with have been fairly straight forward on their understanding of what was going on. The problem is SNAFU and FUBAR all the way round. Every 'fix' caused a new unforseen problem that caught everyone off guard. Looks like it may not be over yet.

My God, I was right!!!! The Borg have taken over. :blink:

It does make sense Eric, but I sure as heck hope your wrong. This could go on forever. Let us assume for the moment you are correct. Surely someone in the food chain would have enough sense to have figured this out by now. But then, maybe that's wishful thinking on my part. :D

God knows I wish I were wrong..... I really do hope I am.....

Also ,someone talk to CA recently about the "Cleared? Yep ! Nope!Yep ! Nope ! Huh? Whaddayamean? " thing .... the guy at CA admitted... well, it could be cross-mail/cables .... ( won't say who spoke to who as I am just reporting a phone chat, and I'm sure he will come along to say the same...

Rat #2 I'm smelling.

To me it's beyond belief, but does make perfect sense..

My God, I was right!!!! The Borg have taken over. :huh:

It does make sense Eric, but I sure as heck hope your wrong. This could go on forever. Let us assume for the moment you are correct. Surely someone in the food chain would have enough sense to have figured this out by now. But then, maybe that's wishful thinking on my part. :D

Also ,someone talk to CA recently about the "Cleared? Yep ! Nope!Yep ! Nope ! Huh? Whaddayamean? " thing .... the guy at CA admitted... well, it could be cross-mail/cables .... ( won't say who spoke to who as I am just reporting a phone chat, and I'm sure he will come along to say the same...

Rat #2 I'm smelling.

Question is, where do we go from here? Any ideas? :blink:

AZ. Sorry. What you said just sunk in and I feel like I got kicked in the gut, too. Hang in there and when the hangover clears in the morning, come back and start putting a course of action together. Sorry, man....what can I say?

Eric, I'm not sure that I have all of the bits and pieces. Again, if you can lay this out step by step, I think it needs to get to Harty, AS and Adams. IF they see it, I think it will be one of those Homer moments when all will become clear. If I saw this in a movie, I would have laughter tears rolling.

Mick, you have an in with Adams, maybe you can be sure he sees it. As for Harty and AS, someone carry the ball. Jon can pass it to his congressional contacts.

I just thought about Kevin posting it on visadelays.

Eric, guess us natives are too damn logical and it took a Frenchie to catch on. It is amazing how your theory fits all of the disjointed info we have been given. Lay it out and it can be used to fix this mess once and for all.

Well, I thought I laid it out already from Step 1 trough 8 above...

My God, I was right!!!! The Borg have taken over. :P

It does make sense Eric, but I sure as heck hope your wrong. This could go on forever. Let us assume for the moment you are correct. Surely someone in the food chain would have enough sense to have figured this out by now. But then, maybe that's wishful thinking on my part. :huh:

Rat #2 I'm smelling.

Question is, where do we go from here? Any ideas? B)

Yeah.. Three

1/ Let's have CA swear that's not it

2/ Let's have GZ swear that's not it

3/ Get drunk if either says NO, that's not it.. Or scream bloody murder if either says that MIGHT be it.

Sorry, Eric. I missed it somehow (don't know how I keep my hair clean).

Here it is - with your permission - what has been the cause of the misinformation and long-term delays:

"Lay this out step by step. It is so incredible, it is starting to make sense!

As an example...

Step 1: Resub request # 1 from GZ Case GUZ2002123456 Ref: 1234... Nov 16

Step 2: Dos working on case clearance refered #1234 Dec 12

Step 3: FBI doing whatever the hell they are doing Dec 13- Jan 25

Step 4: Dos Computers shows . Clearance Ref 1234 Cleared Jan 27

Step 4: Dos cable GZ clearance #1234 ( GZ last resub request )

Step 5: GZ sits on it for a while ( too many to process )

Step 6: Feb 18.. Gz computer says.. Geez,,, still pending.. let's resub !

Step 7 : Resub request # 2 from GZ Case GUZ2002123456 Ref: 4567... Feb 20 ( now showing as last resub at GZ )

Step 8: Poor clearance for resub # 1234 trying to find it's way on GZ computer, that now shows ONLY pending LAST resub # 4567 of 2/20.. No luck. Where is my resub I was clearing?

Step 8: FUBAR

You see what I mean? Computers talks number..cross-reference and so on

And I think some got visas earlier or at random, because those resubs were random close or far apart.. Some only once,, and up to 3.. Some 10 days apart, some 3 months apart..

My belief is that if your CA clearance came before another resub was submitted by GZ ( that is the clearance was FOR the last resub in GZ system ) , you show in the system at GZ as cleared and home free."

careful.. It might not be the cause of the problem....

I'm just offering one possible explanation, which I personnally think can very well happen and in my mind is very logic. As I have no reason to believe CA would lie to us and "making up" a clearance date. And in my mind does explain a lot of this cleared./not cleared business.. and multiple computer screen divergeances...

I know this is one point I sure would love GZ/CA to clarify for us.

My philosophy as a IT professional ...

a poorly-designed system can cause a lot of pain and suffering for the people it is intended to service.

P.J.

Agreed P.J

But I really don't care what their design is at this point... I think we want answers.... and oh, visas, at this point in time too.... :huh: To achieve this in an acceptable manner to us all, they can use whatever design they want..