B2 for Parents to Attend Wedding

My fiancee is here in the U.S. now and we want to help her parents attend our wedding (January 21st).

I've been reading over the posts on this subject and I'm afraid our chances don't look great.

PROS:

They own an apartment, which they renovated a few years ago.

They have a savings account.

Her father works.

They bought a small life insurance policy in China about 5 months ago.

CONS:

My fiancee is their only child and they have no grandchildren.

Thier savings is small.

Her mother doesn't work.

Her father only makes 28 RMB ($3.50) per day.

They have never traveled abroad before.

I would appreciate any advice. In particular, if anyone has been through the Shenyang consulate for a tourist visa, how long does it take to get an appointment? I understand you have call their call center to schedule one, then present all your documents at the window on the day of. Any experiences with Shenyang?

Check list:

-Cover Letter w/ specific itinerary of their activities in the US and list of their ties to china. (from me to VO, english)

-Invitation letter to parents from me. (Chinese and English)

-Documentation of ties: apartment, savings, income, insurance.

-DS-156 (chinese and english)

-DS-157 (chinese and english)

-I-134 w/ bank letter and employer letter

(Does it make a difference if I pay for their plane ticket?)

-xerox of my fiancee's US visa

Possible inclusions:

-Letter from the friends they will stay with in California, where the wedding will be held (they will not stay with us--we live in DC).

-Other?

Thanks!

http://www.foreignborn.com/visas_imm/other...s/10denials.htm

What Constitutes "Strong Ties"?

Strong ties differ from country to country, city to city, individual to individual. Some examples of ties can be a family, a job, a house, a bank account. "Ties" are the various aspects of your life that bind you to your country of residence: your family and social relationships, employment, and possessions. Each person's situation is different.

Consular officers are aware of this diversity. During the visa interview they consider professional, social, cultural and other factors. In cases of younger applicants who may not have had an opportunity to form many ties, consular officers may look at specific intentions, family situations, and long-range plans and prospects within the country of residence.

http://www.foreignborn.com/visas_imm/other...iness_med.htm#5