I-134 Question 11

Working on the I-134 for K1 at the moment. Item 11 reads as follows:

"I intend/do not intend to make specific contributions to the support of the person(s) named in item 3. (If you check "intend," indicate the exact nature and duration of the contributions. For example, if you initend to furnish room and board, state for how long, and if money, state the amount in US dollars and state whether it is to be given in a lump sum, weekly or monthly, or for how long.)"

On the examples at Visa Journey it says to check neither and write "N/A (K1 visa process for permanent residence)."

This question has been raised before here and there doesn't seem to be a consensus. I'm inclined to follow Visa Journey, because although I intend to support my SO, it's not like there's going to be a schedule of specific contributions, so this question doesn't seem to fit the situation.

I welcome any advice, but especially your own anecdotal evidence.

I went back and forth on this one and decided on the "I intend" and listed only "To be supported as my wife".

I saw the info on VJ and it made me think that it could cause a snag having the VO come up with the possible question of how she would support herself during the 90 days of the visa.

Answering this way I have been as specific as any husband could ever be, I'm not supporting her as an employee or any other type of beneficiary, but as family. She gets to enjoy the good times and bad times if we have them.