Chinese Love

Culture has something to do with it, but relationships are as varied and complex as the individuals that comprise the relationship. From my own experience, I cannot categorize how Chinese women choose to express love any more than I can American women. I've never seen exactly the same expression from any two individuals. Like the US, China is a big country with a variety of cultural differences within each province. Each individual is a product of their culture and personal life experience.

In responsding to your question, a baby boomer vintage television commercial tag line paraphrase comes to mind "Only your SO knows for sure".  :)

165344[/snapback]

Agree.

Culture has something to do with it, but relationships are as varied and complex as the individuals that comprise the relationship. From my own experience, I cannot categorize how Chinese women choose to express love any more than I can American women. I've never seen exactly the same expression from any two individuals. Like the US, China is a big country with a variety of cultural differences within each province. Each individual is a product of their culture and personal life experience.

In responsding to your question, a baby boomer vintage television commercial tag line paraphrase comes to mind "Only your SO knows for sure".  :D

165344[/snapback]

I think different women have different requirments from marriage life. I love to hear my husband speak sweet words to me all time. I love it very much. Honestly I think that is a big difference westners and chinese man. My ex husband didnt like to speak sweet words to me after we got married and he even refused to say I love you after marriage. He took it for granted because we got married, but after 12 years marriage, I cant figure out he loves my son or loved me to keep the family. For me I think if you love someone you need tell her/or him. My husband knows I love sweet words, love poems. He did it to me a lot, but one day we had big argument about he thought he was pushed when to speak sweet words sometimes as I kept asking if he loves me :) . :D I really hope we both will never be tired of speaking sweet words to each other

165362[/snapback]

One of my best friends told us, she always tried to pry open her husband's mouth to get those three words, never succeeded recently.

Wife: Why don't you say that to me any more?

Husband: Why do you want to hear that?

Wife: I just don't feel secure because I haven't hear it for quite a while (editor's comment: a while here means a few years).

Husband: If I don't say it, it means I haven't changed. :D