from "valentines day" thread

a city of boston councilman (felix arroyo) got on Fox News just by fasting one day per week to protest going to war with Iraq. not a hunger strike, just a publicly announced one-day fast. that's basically a nobody who got 5 mins on a major network for doing without solid food for 12 hours...

..so if i tell all the local news outlets that i'm "fasting for my fiance" will it get their attention? i thought about a hunger strike - but we all would have starved a dozen times over if we'd gone that route (though maybe they would have issued a special visa to attend a funeral?).

a "fast" is really just an observance. a way of saying "everytime i feel hungry, i will pay attention to this thing that is so important."

tomorrow i will be visiting my senator's offices. i will be delivering a dozen red roses to the aids who have been helping to fight our battle.

"she can't be here, but i want you to have these for helping us to be together."

it's a little hokey - but will never be forgotten in those offices - and it's ALL i can do for my wife on Valentine's Day. anything to stay toward the top of the priority list.

Jon:

Now that is a touch of class my friend. Great idea and good for morale.

BTW: I enjoyed meeting your lady in GZ. She is one special person as I am sure you well know. She was a big help to us a great support. She also went on the shopping expedition for the wedding dresses. Can you believe the price? :lol:

You know, a fella could import those things to the States and make a bundle. Maybe we oughta go into business in Denver. :lol: