Take it easy we are just Kidd'n you

Iv'e said it before.  I'll say it again.  Anyone who heads to China with the idea of meeting a traditional lady who subscribes to the Donna Reed school of marriage practices is going to get exactly what he deserves.

162035[/snapback]

:( :( :( :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry but I was just trying to picture my Ping as a stepford wife :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :huh: :angry: She'd kill me if she finds out what a Stepford wife is. No translations please.

162931[/snapback]

No problem Dan, now I can't speak for my wife as she does exactly what she desires and being your wife is from the same province I am sure she will behave accordingly and keep your secret. :lol: :lol:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iv'e said it before.  I'll say it again.  Anyone who heads to China with the idea of meeting a traditional lady who subscribes to the Donna Reed school of marriage practices is going to get exactly what he deserves.

162035[/snapback]

:o ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry but I was just trying to picture my Ping as a stepford wife :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :huh: :blink: She'd kill me if she finds out what a Stepford wife is. No translations please.

Here is a blurb out of an email I sent to my friends and relatives because many were more than a little surprised by my going to China and returning married. So alot of the information in here is stuff most of us already know :unsure: but I thought I would keep the whole blurb for context:

--------

I made a decision a year or so ago that the way I was meeting women just wasn't working for me. So I made a paradigm shift if you will, and tried a totally new way. I found a very traditional woman with old-fashioned values and morals, which is hard for me to find here in the states, these days. I don't mean I found a housewife, but rather someone who is very serious about the concept of marriage, and believes that when you marry it is for life. I believe the same, but unfortunately found two women in the past that did not believe that.

She is 28 and this is her first marriage. In traditional Chinese culture, it is pretty common that they wait until they are in the latter 20's or even later to marry, so they have time to decide who is right for them. In China, you cannot even legally marry until you are 22 as a male and 20 as a female. It is also common to have a woman choose an older man, because they tend to be more stable and less likely to 'cheat.' She wanted to find a western husband because (in her opinion) Chinese men tend to be a little more domineering and relegate the women to the kitchen and such. She is a successful businesswoman, and so she has a career of her own she has worked hard for. When she comes here, she will get her English up to fluent level and look for work or attend school and work again, which is fine by me. A marriage that is based on equality and respect, an agreement that it will be for life, come what may, and with traditional values is exactly how I felt and what I was looking for.

----------

That I think the fact that Asian women are more attractive to my eye is just coincidental. :ph34r:

Meeting on the Internet isn't unconventional or stigmatized any more, at least in more urban, enlightened, or progressive areas (unlike my hometown - lol). It is just one more way of meeting people.

Edited by mercator (see edit history)