Is DS-230 Part II needed for med exam?

Based on GZ's website Medical Examination Instructions, do we need to bring all the document listed on OF-171 to the medical exam? Specifically among them, the very last item is "Family Composition Form and 230 II Form". Is it still valid or just outdated? I thought, at least for K1s, we are done with DS-230 after sending back the Part I in P3?

I know the doctor will fill out all the medical forms in P4, but the applicant usually is asked to fill out the personal info part on the top portion on the forms. My question is, to use English or Chinese for the personal info? because all the medical forms are in both English and Chinese.

Thanks for your help.

Based on GZ's website Medical Examination Instructions, do we need to bring all the document listed on OF-171  to the medical exam?  Specifically among them, the very last item is "Family Composition Form and 230 II Form".  Is it still valid or just outdated?  I thought, at least for K1s, we are done with DS-230 after sending back the Part I in P3?

I know the doctor will fill out all the medical forms in P4, but the applicant usually is asked to fill out the personal info part on the top portion on the forms.  My question is, to use English or Chinese for the personal info?  because all the medical forms are in both English and Chinese.

Thanks for your help.

158703[/snapback]

The DS-230 Part II is not used for the K-1 visa, you will do something like it for AOS.

The family composition sheet is required and you will need to get her the informaiton on your family as well. A hint, have her answer Question 5 ( I think it is 5) that you are a "US Citizen by birth".

Wait on the Medical forms until she is at the hospital for the exam.

Good luck.

My question is, to use English or Chinese for the personal info?  because all the medical forms are in both English and Chinese.

Thanks for your help.

158703[/snapback]

The default language to use on mixed language forms is English...

if the form is exclusively in chinese, usually there is a similar english version. Then each form can be filled in with the similar language.

Thank you Lee and David for your information.

One more question. For K1, do we need to bring "Evidence of Financial Support" to the med exam? as it is listed as one of the required documents in OF-171. Isn't the Financial Support (bank letter, employer letter, I-134) are only needed at interview? :blink:

Thank you Lee and David for your information.

One more question.  For K1, do we need to bring "Evidence of Financial Support" to the med exam?  as it is listed as one of the required documents in OF-171.  Isn't the Financial Support (bank letter, employer letter, I-134) are only needed at interview?  :P

158830[/snapback]

Evidence of support is only required at the interview. Personally I would limit the people able to view your tax information and SSN to the VO's only.

I don't know of a case, but identity theft could occur. :(