health related question

is hepatitas B a disease that would prevent a spouse from getting their immigrant visa?

i checked the hong kong website but all i found was a link saying that a communicable disease of significance to public health would cause a visa to be denied! for example tuberculosis.

any help would be appreciated!

is hepatitas B a disease that would prevent a spouse from getting their immigrant visa?

i checked the hong kong website but all i found was a link saying that a communicable disease of significance to public health would cause a visa to be denied! for example tuberculosis.

any help would be appreciated!

158550[/snapback]

No problem at all having Hep B in getting a Immigration Visa.

Edited by hakkamike (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

see the following quote:

http://www.fourmilab.ch/uscode/8usc/www/t8...II-II-1182.html

Sec. 1182. Inadmissible aliens

TITLE 8, CHAPTER 12, SUBCHAPTER II, Part II, Sec. 1182.

STATUTE

(a) Classes of aliens ineligible for visas or admission

Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, aliens who are inadmissible under the following paragraphs are ineligible to receive visas and ineligible to be admitted to the United States:

(1) Health-related grounds

(A) In general

Any alien -

(i) who is determined (in accordance with regulations prescribed by the Secretary of Health and Human Services) to have a communicable disease of public health significance, which shall include infection with the etiologic agent for acquired immune deficiency syndrome,

(ii) except as provided in subparagraph ©, who seeks admission as an immigrant, or who seeks adjustment of status to the status of an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, and who has failed to present documentation of having received vaccination against vaccine-preventable diseases, which shall include at least the following diseases: mumps, measles, rubella, polio, tetanus and diphtheria toxoids, pertussis, influenza type B and hepatitis B, and any other vaccinations against vaccine-preventable diseases recommended by the Advisory Committee for Immunization Practices,

(iii) who is determined (in accordance with regulations prescribed by the Secretary of Health and Human Services in consultation with the Attorney General) -

(I) to have a physical or mental disorder and behavior associated with the disorder that may pose, or has posed, a threat to the property, safety, or welfare of the alien or others, or

(II) to have had a physical or mental disorder and a history of behavior associated with the disorder, which behavior has posed a threat to the property, safety, or welfare of the alien or others and which behavior is likely to recur or to lead to other harmful behavior, or

(iv) who is determined (in accordance with regulations prescribed by the Secretary of Health and Human Services) to be a drug abuser or addict, is inadmissible.

(:D Waiver authorized

For provision authorizing waiver of certain clauses of subparagraph (A), see subsection (g) of this section.

© Exception from immunization requirement for adopted

children 10 years of age or younger

Clause (ii) of subparagraph (A) shall not apply to a child who -

(i) is 10 years of age or younger,

(ii) is described in section 1101(B)(1)(F) of this title, and

(iii) is seeking an immigrant visa as an immediate relative under section 1151(B) of this title, if, prior to the admission of the child, an adoptive parent or prospective adoptive parent of the child, who has sponsored the child for admission as an immediate relative, has executed an affidavit stating that the parent is aware of the provisions of subparagraph (A)(ii) and will ensure that, within 30 days of the child's admission, or at the earliest time that is medically appropriate, the child will receive the vaccinations identified in such subparagraph.

To confirm hakkamike's post, take a look at: http://www.ailc.com/Medical_Exam.htm#inad :

What is a communicable disease of public health significance?

A "communicable disease of public health significance" is defined in the HHS regulations that cover the required medical exam for immigration purposes and includes the following 9 infectious medical conditions:

severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)

tuberculosis (TB)

leprosy

human immunodeficiency virus (HIV/AIDS)

syphilis (infectious state)

chancroid (STD, similar to syphilis and herpes)

gonorrhea

granuloma inguinale (STD, donovanosis)

lymphogranuloma (STD, chlamydia)

Hepatitis B is not listed.

Edited by frank1538 (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

Thanks Frank....

I think it's a bit early for me as I just noticed my post had very little to do with the question. It clearly appears "Misshinger" that you are in the clear. :D