Police certificate

Just a thought here. Usually I agree with Donahso, but this time I think I'll take a different track.

Since you are on a dual track with the CR1 and the K3, think about sticking with the Cr1 as it generally takes longer than the K3, but carries more benifit as you would receive the 10 yr green card immediately (due to time of marriage), and not have to mess with AOS, social security, EAD and all of that after receiving the K3.

Since you need to add time anyway while waiting the RCMP, I think CR1 will do that for you and be more benificial in the long run.

Best of luck,

Dean and Lannie

Since you need to add time anyway while waiting the RCMP, I think CR1 will do that for you and be more benificial in the long run.

Best of luck,

Dean and Lannie

158446[/snapback]

Dean raises a good point. The general rule is that K3 applicants may opt at any time to process the CR-1/IR-1 rather than continue with the K3 application. I don't know if GZ would slot you for your current K-3 interview, but doing so might defeat one of the reasons for opting to go CR-1/IR-1 - gaining a little extra time for the Canadian police clearance to come it.

158459[/snapback]

That's a good thought of yours. I have sent an email to GZ asking whether they can schedule my IR1 interview at the same time of K3 interview. We have been so eager to get together sooner, particular because we have a two year old daughter who should be with both parents. I think it is worthwhile not to abandon our IR1 application. I will check into the matter after receiving reply to my last email. Will let you know. Thanks, everyone.

P.S.,

My husband recommended this site to me (learned from his friend), and I am new here. I can't help feeling a bit worried that visa officers might get the CFL information and use it against our case. Have you had the same worries? :lol:

I just want to make sure I understand the question you asked GUZ.. You want them to put the IR1 interview in place of the K3 interview ?

Consider the follow:

1) If the K3 gets to GUZ first, an interview is set. If the IR1 gets to GUZ prior to the interview, then the interview is for the IR1 (the K3 will be cancelled)

2) If the K3 gets to GUZ first, an interview is set. If the IR1 does not get to GUZ prior to the interview, you are left with asking them to delay the interview or may request to cancel the K3 all together. If the K3 has an interview date and you ask to cancel it, you should confirm if this cancels the interview date as well (which I would assume if the IR1 is not at GUZ yet)...

You can call to delay the interview... but I would say to wait till fairly late , close to the interview just to see if the paperwork comes through.

If you have the interview, then you simply wait to see if they ask you for the paperwork. If they ask and you don't have, you should simply get the denial slip and then can give the necessary paperwork as overcome evidence (call for an appointment) within a year (?)