Police certificate

My interview is comming up in November. One thing worries me is that I still haven't received the criminal record check result from RCMP of Canada. I sent an enquiry by email and got an reply saying that the processing time for the canada criminal record check generally exceeds 150 days, and they registered my case into their system mid July, one and half months after I sent out the express mail of application.

I was a student there and left Canada soon after my program ended. I have my degree certificate. Do you think not be able to show the Canada police certificate would be a bases for refusal?

(We have been married for over ten years and has a daughter. Lived in Chinese for the past 7 years.)

Thanks for your helpful input.

My interview is comming up in November.  One thing worries me is that I still haven't received the criminal record check result from RCMP of Canada.  I sent an enquiry by email and got an reply saying that the processing time for the canada criminal record check generally exceeds 150 days, and they registered my case into their system mid July, one and half months after I sent out the express mail of application.

I was a student there and left Canada soon after my program ended.  I have my degree certificate.  Do you think not be able to show the Canada police certificate would be a bases for refusal?

(We have been married for over ten years and has a daughter.  Lived in Chinese for the past 7 years.)

158242[/snapback]

Embrassed by my typos. I mean "We" have a two year old daughter, and we live in China for the past 7 years.

My interview is comming up in November.  One thing worries me is that I still haven't received the criminal record check result from RCMP of Canada.  I sent an enquiry by email and got an reply saying that the processing time for the canada criminal record check generally exceeds 150 days, and they registered my case into their system mid July, one and half months after I sent out the express mail of application.

I was a student there and left Canada soon after my program ended.  I have my degree certificate.  Do you think not be able to show the Canada police certificate would be a bases for refusal?

(We have been married for over ten years and has a daughter.  Lived in Chinese for the past 7 years.)

158242[/snapback]

Did you live in Canada for over a year? If so it is likely they will ask for it. People have been denied before for police certificates being expired only one day. Do your best to get it. Perhaps write or call canada to see if they can expidite the service for you. You may need to wait until you get it tor receive your visa.

Based on our experience, the VO's do pay attention to police certificates, and they will look for them.

Juxin went to school in Malaysia (for 3 years), and her VO specifically asked to see the "police certificate" (a.k.a Certificate of Good Behaviour in Malay speak) that covered the whole time she was there. Of course Juxin had that ready to show to VO so it was no problem. But I think if Juxin hadn't of had that, she might have been refused the visa, perhaps.

Guest ShaQuaNew
(she can't be a US citizen - otherwise she wouldn't be having any kind of interview at GZ (except for adoptions)).

158252[/snapback]

Thanks Joanne>? :cheering:

Anyway Joanne, perhaps you can take a moment for those of us that are less fortunate and educated and enlighten us regarding the country of your citizenship? Where were you born? Why did you decide to live in China..... :clapping:

158242[/snapback]

Embrassed by my typos. I mean "We" have a two year old daughter, and we live in China for the past 7 years.

158244[/snapback]

I have some other concerns:

- Is it necessary for my husband to be at the consulate during my interview? He is back in the States now, and will be busy dealing with his first batch of law school exams. (Two years ago, I would sure been denied a B1/2 visa by the VO at Shanghai, if my husband wasn't there to explain our situation. That VO plainly said to me that my "story" was not "logical". She couldn't understand why I still hadn't applied for an immigrant visa.)

- I had two applications going on, IRI and K3. My scheduled interview is for K3. And I have been notified that my IR1 case has already been passed to GZ. Should I go to that K3 interview or wait for my IR1 interview, or else. According to the time IR1 should come along soon. Or is there any way to request them to perform IR1 interview for the time they allocated to me?

Thanks a lot for your help!

(she can't be a US citizen - otherwise she wouldn't be having any kind of interview at GZ (except for adoptions)).

158252[/snapback]

Thanks Joanne>? :cheering:

Anyway Joanne, perhaps you can take a moment for those of us that are less fortunate and educated and enlighten us regarding the country of your citizenship? Where were you born? Why did you decide to live in China..... :clapping:

158254[/snapback]

Of course. I just assumed that all people are related to American-Chinese marriages.

I am an authentic Chinese, born here with both Chinese parents. But I studied overseas. My husband is very much interested in Chinese language and culture. We feel comfortable with both countries, and decided to live in China for the past few years. But now my husband is attending law school in the States. We don't want to be seperated for so long. So I, with our youny daughter, want to join him there asap,

Guest ShaQuaNew

Geeze, it must be that it's Monday.....sorry for my misunderstanding as we don't often see the beneficiary post here. It appears that you are the Chinese citizen married to a US citizen......

:cheering:

158242[/snapback]

Did you live in Canada for over a year? If so it is likely they will ask for it. People have been denied before for police certificates being expired only one day. Do your best to get it. Perhaps write or call canada to see if they can expidite the service for you. You may need to wait until you get it tor receive your visa.

158245[/snapback]

Thanks Carl.

If I don't get that doc before my interview day, could I contact GZ to delay the interview. Would they delay it for a short period of time?

Based on our experience, the VO's do pay attention to police certificates, and they will look for them.

Juxin went to school in Malaysia (for 3 years), and her VO specifically asked to see the "police certificate" (a.k.a Certificate of Good Behaviour in Malay speak) that covered the whole time she was there.  Of course Juxin had that ready to show to VO so it was no problem.  But I think if Juxin hadn't of had that, she might have been refused the visa, perhaps.

158251[/snapback]

Thank you, Jim.

I would also like to post the timeline info like you did, so to share experience with others. How did you do it?

At the top of the main forum index page, click on My Controls; then Edit Signature. That's what gets attached to the bottom of each post you make.

There is not a separate interview for K3 and IR. Take which ever comes up first. If it is K3, and your IR is ready, that's what you will be issued.

158277[/snapback]

Thanks, Don. I did it.

Since you are an administrator, I would like to ask, do you consider my signature to be too long?

If prefered, I can certainly shorten it.

as warpedbored, the official rule is that if you were in Canada for less than 12 months duration, you don't need a police certificate. But some consulates are different. In the Sydney consulate, they require police certificates for every country that you resided in for more than 6 months (instead of the usual 12). They state this in writing on one of their forms, and thus, we had to get an Australian police certificate for my wife.

That is unfortunate that Canada takes so long.

I just checked the website for the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) and it states this:

Q: Can I pay an extra fee to have my application expedited?

A: No. CFSS processes all applications in order of receipt.

:lol:

If you can contact the embassy in Guangzhou (with information on when you were in Canada, and for how long), maybe you can get some good news and find out you don't need the police certificate. :lol:

as warpedbored, the official rule is that if you were in Canada for less than 12 months duration, you don't need a police certificate. But some consulates are different. In the Sydney consulate, they require police certificates for every country that you resided in for more than 6 months (instead of the usual 12). They state this in writing on one of their forms, and thus, we had to get an Australian police certificate for my wife.

That is unfortunate that Canada takes so long.

I just checked the website for the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) and it states this:

Q: Can I pay an extra fee to have my application expedited?

A: No. CFSS processes all applications in order of receipt.

:angry:

If you can contact the embassy in Guangzhou (with information on when you were in Canada, and for how long), maybe you can get some good news and find out you don't need the police certificate. :ph34r:

158385[/snapback]

It's too bad. I lived there for almost 2 and half years. I guess I could not escape that.

I guess, I just have to keep my fingers crossed and hoping it comes before my interview date.

What would be the worst outcome? would that be I get a blue slip and submit the certificate later? Do I need to wait for more months to line up for another interview, or worse?