Newbie Questions

Hi Mark, Our interview has been scheduled for November 30. Thanks again for all of your hard work. It has been great to be able to view the time lines.

Barry

157584[/snapback]

I'm Betty,Living in China.I sent K1 visa application on July17 by EMS ,and check was checked,but till now I haven't receive any mail .How long does it take to get the mail from USCIS?I sent my application to Nebraska Service Center P.O.Box 87130 Lincoln,NE68501-7130.My boyfriend lived in Illinois.Did I send it to the right place?Thanks.

Could you pls tell me the whole procedure of the K1 visa?thank you for your help.

Betty, I am creating a new topic for your questions.

First welcome to Candle. I assume you are the Chinese beneficiary of the I-129F petition filed by the US citizen. If I am wrong, please correct me.

Assuming your American boyfriend lives or lived in Illinois, the Nebraska Service Center is probably the right place for him to file the petition. I'm a little confused though. When you say you sent the petition via EMS, I read this to mean that you sent the application from China to the United States. Does your boyfriend now live in China? Did he send in the petition or did you?

Here is a link that will help you understand the K-1 visa process as well as some of the alternatives: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?pg=guides

Edited by frank1538 (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

Hello Betty and welcome to Candle..... :candle:

I'm Betty,Living in China. I sent K1 visa application on July17 by EMS ,and check was checked, but till now I haven't receive any mail.

The US Citizen should be receiving a letter soon at the address given in the I-129F. It's been taking several days for many to receive the NOA1, which is the USCIS method of telling you that they got it.

How long does it take to get the mail from USCIS?

It could take from a few days, to several weeks to receive your NOA1

I sent my application to Nebraska Service Center P.O.Box 87130 Lincoln, NE68501-7130. My boyfriend lived in Illinois. Did I send it to the right place? Thanks.

[/color][/i]Yes, that is the correct service center[/i]

Could you pls tell me the whole procedure of the K1 visa?

see...

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-outline.html

and...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?pg=k1guide

thank you for your help.

Betty,

I am providing you with a couple of links to help you. The flow chart provides you with an outline of the K1 Visa process. The second link provides you with detailed instructions.

I am a little confused by what you had written. You said you had sent the i129f to Nebraska service center. Are you the US citizen?

You should have received some type of reply by now via mail now.

Visa Journey K1 Flow Chart

K1 Flow Chart

Visa Journey K1 Step by Step Guide

Welcome to CFL.

Be aware that the entire visa process can take up to a year and sometimes longer, particularly going through Nebraska (NSC)...

Your boyfriend should receive a notice (Which we call NOA1) of that the petition is received from NSC within a month of sending. The next notice (NOA2) is stating the petition is approved, but may take many months to receive.

Feel free to ask questions and certainly your boyfriend is welcome to come join us as well .