K-3: NOA2 to NVC shipment

Having seen some dates on this forum here and there, is it fair to say that the time from NOA2 (K-3) to the time when NVC sends the paperwork to GUZ is around 45 days? How long does it take for NVC to enter the case into their system after the NOA2 date? Trying to figure out when it is realistic to call NVC to get a useful update.

Thanks all.

I think maybe you mis-read another post. The 45 days was refering to NVC date mailed to Guangzhou to receipt of P-3 by your SO.

Once NVC has received your file it proceses through there name check sequence and that could be anywhere from two weeks to a year, although the majority are two to four weeks, you do hear of the occasional "Name Check Hell" reports

Our K-3 took two weeks after NOA2 date to receipt by the NVC. When you call don't go into there automated system, get a live human, K-3's are not normally there long enough to get automated.

Edited by Gene (see edit history)
I think maybe you mis-read another post. The 45 days was refering to NVC date mailed to Guangzhou to receipt of P-3 by your SO.

Once NVC has received your file it proceses through there name check sequence and that could be anywhere from two weeks to a year, although the majority are two to four weeks, you do hear of the occasional "Name Check Hell" reports

Our K-3 took two weeks after NOA2 date to receipt by the NVC. When you call don't go into there automated system, get a live human, K-3's are not normally there long enough to get automated.

157168[/snapback]

Thanks Gene. Yeah seems their automated system is only for I-130 cases. I'll call again tonight or early tomorrow - seems it's been too busy today to where you don't even end up in a waiting queue...

Hmmmm - well couldn't wait - I called and got a GUZ number for our case, however, they said that it is in 'Administrative Processing'.... I guess this is the name check stuff? Should I be prepared now for a very long wait? :(

157179[/snapback]

Congratulations!! Getting the GUZ number is a Milestone that most SO understand also. I am sure she will be excited to hear that.

Administrative Processing does seem to mean "Name Check" and probably some other things that we are unaware of. But everyone goes through the name check process, it is the time that varies.

Here again it seems that the majority of them are short , 2 to 4 weeks, so good Luck :huh: