I-485 interview

What will the officer do to the AOS interview if we cannot bring all the items listed on the I-485 interview notice? They will finish the interview, and let us submit the document later? or will reschedule the interview at later time?

What will the officer do at interview if petitioner lost job and cannot bring the past 2 months' pay stubs and employer's letter?

If petitioner lost job, but having unemployment compensation now, and meets the 125% poverty line, we still must need a joint sponsor?

Anyone has such kind of experience or knowledge, please let us know. Thank you!

I don't know how far along you are in the AOS process but I suggest the best thing to do is go to the interview if you have one coming up or you expect to get an interview date soon.

Just go down with all the information you have and sit down and explain things to the IO.

There's no true or false, black or white in dealing with this. It's basically weighted decisions made by the IO based on the facts and evidence presented by the couple. It's much like going to court and arguing your case before a judge, but no where near as rigorous.

The two of you go to your appointed interview and talk to the IO. Be calm and reserve. Explain your current situation and tell the IO what you plan to do about it. Be yourselves. All should go alright.

-good luck

Edited by tywy_99 (see edit history)
I don't know how far along you are in the AOS process but I suggest the best thing to do is go to the interview if you have one coming up or you expect to get an interview date soon.

Just go down with all the information you have and sit down and explain things to the IO.

There's no true or false, black or white in dealing with this. It's basically weighted decisions made by the IO based on the facts and evidence presented by the couple. It's much like going to court and arguing your case before a judge, but no where near as rigorous.

The two of you go to your appointed interview and talk to the IO. Be calm and reserve. Explain your current situation and tell the IO what you plan to do about it. Be yourselves. All should go alright.

-good luck

156776[/snapback]

Thank you for your advice.