uscis processing of aos, ead, and ap

My guess is that at least the AOS paperwork will eventually end up at the local office where the interview will eventually take place. The next thing that will likely happen after USCIS acknowledges receipt is a notice to go get the biometrics. I believe each of the applications will be processed separately except for possibly getting biometrics for them at the same time.

I filed before the lockbox was instituted, so I don't know for certain. Here's a link that gives an example of what might happen to your files: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6334&hl= ;)

Based on other threads you may have a biometrics appointment made relatively soon (for USCIS) for the EAD and they may not be aware of the AOS processing. (go figure)

Others have been able to get them to do the biometrics for the AOS application at the same time so take your receipts and copy of your file with you and ask if they can do this at the same time. That way they just magically appear with your AOS filing before they ask. ;)