A couple simple questions...

Does GUZ hold off on sending P3 or making any communication to the beneficiary until the hard copy of the case has been received even if they already have the electronic file? For the interview, I know the marriage license must be translated, but do the notorial certificates for marrital status and police record need to be translated as well? Haven't specifically seen this in writing anywhere...Thanks!

Just remember!

Birth and marriage license translated and notarized will stand until your interview. Those dates don't change. Do not translate and notarize the police certificate, financials (paycheck stubs, bank statements...), etc. too early. Things that do change. Items that will change in time should be less than 6 months old from your interview.

Just remember!

Birth and marriage license translated and notarized will stand until your interview. Those dates don't change. Do not translate and notarize the police certificate, financials (paycheck stubs, bank statements...), etc. too early. Things that do change. Items that will change in time should be less than 6 months old from your interview.

153567[/snapback]

Thank you! But now you got me worried because I'm going to be in China for about 4 months before our interview! The I-134 is gonna be way outdated! ;)

I-134 is usually good for 6 months, But It is best as fresh as possible. Is there anyway you could set something up with a family member or a friend to get some fresh stuff sent? or as a backup if there were problems?

That is true but before the visa section moved one of the VOs questioned things that were over six months. Depending on the VO they can request anything they want to. Just to be safe and not let them question your docs, don't have them done too far ahead of your interview. You have to see the average estimated time it will take for your type of visa you're applying for. Then estimate the time you should get the police record and etc. Just hope there are no delays.

The good news is I haven't heard of these problems on CFL lately. It also seems like the interviews are going much more smoothly. Go to the links on which David spent a lot of time compiling together and follow the tips (Thanks David). Search and read the postings on P3s and P4s as well.

Good luck to all.

Since you are married, I would think you don't need the marital certificate you asked about.. maybe you meant birth certificate.

I agree with Gene.. they won't send anything out.. but they might start the name check with just the electronic version at post...

Since you need the birth and police certificates translated, just do them at the same time... close to the interview. Usually once you request them you can pick them up in about a week. Your wife will need to go to her Hokou to do this.

As for the financials... I would not worry about the I-134.. it does not really change, so you can just get it notarized at the consulate close to the interview. Anything they require to be notarized, they supposely will do for free.

If you don't list any assets on the I-134, then there is no need for a bank statement, and I would recommend only listing income if you clearly cover it with that (and skip the bank statement).

That leaves taxes/W2s, and the employment letter. I would recommend that the latter is not older than 6 months.. I personally did not get mine till about 2 months prior to the interview.

I don't see paystubs asked for often in interviews (yes, as overcome evidence)... although this week, one SO was asked for the taxes (?) and gave the paystubs instead... the VO appeared to feel that was sufficient.

Thank you everyone for the responses! I think I'm going to have to get my father to Co-Sponsor for me because I'm self-employed and really haven't been working for the last year and don't plan on working until I bring my wife back to the U.S... As far as getting the notorial marriage status certificate even when you're married, I got this requirement off of GUZ's K3 FAQ page and also had my wife ask her Hokou to confirm this requirement. Apparently the China issued Marriage license is insufficient even for the K3. :blink:

As far as getting the notorial marriage status certificate even when you're married, I got this requirement off of GUZ's K3 FAQ page and also had my wife ask her Hokou to confirm this requirement. Apparently the China issued Marriage license is insufficient even for the K3. :blink:

153768[/snapback]

:huh: My theory was and still is get all of the documents required and even some that are not, but might be needed. Better to have and not need than to need and not have.

Having said that, a Chinese marriage license is recognized in the US and by Guangzhou. I have not heard of any K-3 or CR-1 visa needing anything other than the license, translated and notarized.

As far as getting the notorial marriage status certificate even when you're married, I got this requirement off of GUZ's K3 FAQ page and also had my wife ask her Hokou to confirm this requirement. Apparently the China issued Marriage license is insufficient even for the K3. :blink:

153768[/snapback]

:huh: My theory was and still is get all of the documents required and even some that are not, but might be needed. Better to have and not need than to need and not have.

Having said that, a Chinese marriage license is recognized in the US and by Guangzhou. I have not heard of any K-3 or CR-1 visa needing anything other than the license, translated and notarized.

153774[/snapback]

Here Gene, http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/iv/gzfaqs2.html scroll down to "I'm a K-3 visa applicant, what documents should I bring to the visa interview?" 6th bullet...my wife asked her HuKou about this and they said that it is correct and that they help people prepare their documents for the K3 all the time...interesting, huh? :huh:

As far as getting the notorial marriage status certificate even when you're married, I got this requirement off of GUZ's K3 FAQ page and also had my wife ask her Hokou to confirm this requirement. Apparently the China issued Marriage license is insufficient even for the K3. :(

153768[/snapback]

153774[/snapback]

Here Gene, http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/iv/gzfaqs2.html scroll down to "I'm a K-3 visa applicant, what documents should I bring to the visa interview?" 6th bullet...my wife asked her HuKou about this and they said that it is correct and that they help people prepare their documents for the K3 all the time...interesting, huh? :blink:

153784[/snapback]

Yes, That is interesting :blink: Like I said earlier be prepared for the worst, better to have and not need than to need and not have :)