DOS noHELPatall line

When I call the DOS helplines at either the 603-374-0700 or the 202-663-1225 numbers, I am told that my application was forwarded to Guangzhou on April 25. They then say that they do not share a database with the GUZ, and that I need to contact the GUZ for any further information. How did you guys get your interview dates from DOS? Do they not have ANY information until that interview date is granted? I thought that they would at least know that we were "waiting to be scheduled", which is what the GUZ tells me.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

I was calling the 202-663-1225 then 1,1,0 to get a real person. I always told them I wished to check the status of a case and would give them the GUZ number and let them access the recrod.

Sometimes you get a winner and other times you just call back later.

You can ask such questions as P3 recieved date by GZ or if they show the name check complete and even if an interview date has been assigned.

You must have gotten a real winner on your last call.

I was calling the 202-663-1225  then 1,1,0 to get a real person. I always told them I wished to check the status of a case and would give them the GUZ number and let them access the recrod.

Sometimes you get a winner and other times you just call back later.

You can ask such questions as P3 recieved date  by GZ or if they show the name check complete and even if an interview date has been assigned.

You must have gotten a real winner on your last call.

152445[/snapback]

Make that at least 5 calls now, with roughly the same result.

Like you, I've said that I wanted to check the status, and gave them the GUZ number. They then respond with the April 25 date, and that I need to call the GUZ for any further information!

I've had much better luck with the GUZ email web site.