Ying got her P4, one month earlier than predicted. Her interview is 10/20. Hopefully this is omen that the wait time is shrinking.

It was quite a shock. We have been discussing for several weeks if this round of P4 would show sign of shorter wait times. We were hoping for interview to come early, but resigned ourselves to a October P4.

We were discussing (via telephone) as Ying walked home from the store. All of a sudden she says "OMG, OMG". I panic, ask whats wrong, then in shaky voice she says " My P4 come, My P4 come " Sure enough EMS left a note that they would return at 4 pm that afternoon to deliver.

It was a sleepless night until I got the call at 3:45 am that it was the P4. I was worried, it was in something like we lose your P3, etc.

Guess I better get busy, Best wishes and luck to everyone else waiting !!!

Ying got her P4, one month earlier than predicted. Her interview is 10/20. Hopefully this is omen that the wait time is shrinking.

It was quite a shock. We have been discussing for several weeks if this round of P4 would show sign of shorter wait times. We were hoping for interview to come early, but resigned ourselves to a October P4.

We were discussing (via telephone) as Ying walked home from the store. All of a sudden she says "OMG, OMG".0„2 I panic, ask whats wrong, then in shaky voice she says0„2 " My P4 come, My P4 come "0„2 Sure enough EMS left a note that they would return at 4 pm that afternoon to deliver.

It was a sleepless night until I got the call at 3:45 am that it was the P4. I was worried, it was in something like we lose your P3, etc.

Guess I better get busy, Best wishes and luck to everyone else waiting !!!

151763[/snapback]

Ours is predicted for the same day as yours was!!

Jiaying! Go check your mail!!

Good for you guys!

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
Congratulations to you both!

Now I getting a feeling of being left behind!

151819[/snapback]

Amerchin, Thanks ! I feel your worry, the process is so crazy. Despite a few emails to GUZ and calls to DOS, I could never get a direct confirmation or date that namecheck was completed. It stressed me, that some folks got this info and I could not.

I've got a feeling that things will be picking up. its just a feeling.

The new consulate offices are much better and seem much more organized. When i went to the old consulate in on April 1st, I just had a feeling i was in some dump, forgotten part of the world, and no one wanted to work there.

The new offices are in a real office building, with good AC, and as far as i could tell, no leaking roofs!

In the old building there was water stains all over the cealings, really a disgrace that it was called a US consulate!

Best of luck, and i really hope others continue to have shorter and shorter time lines!