Just made MAJOR mistake!

The other day, I posted a question about my I-129F NOA2 and Gene recommended I call NVC to get the answer. I placed that call late last night and an operator asked for my wife's name and birthdate. I gave it to her and she told me that is incorrect. I flipped! I immediately opened up my electronic I-129F PDF file that I used and couldn't believe my eyes. :o I somehow typed the same year of my birth for hers even though I had spent weeks making absolute certain it was completed to perfection. Got it right on the I-130, but wow did i blow it here. I proved that I am indeed nothing more than a lowly human. :o So focused that I couldn't see the trees for the forest...

So, the operator instructed me what I needed to do to try to fix this. She said that my case was very close to being sent to Guangzhou and that this needed to be fixed before it left NVC. I was instructed to fax a copy of her birth certificate or her passport with a cover letter instructing what change to make to the case. I was up all night coordinating this with my laopo and got this done. A few hours later, I called hoping that I could verify that they have received my fax. She said wait a month or 2 for a receipt of the fax! OMG, what? Based on anybody elses experience, what exactly will happen here? Did I just open up a can of worms I am going to regret forever? :D Thanks.

Hey Brent,

Nice catch on the error...if you faxed it to NVC, wait about 3 days to see if got entered. Check on this with a human of course. I needed to change my wife's address and it got done pretty fast. The wait a month or two is a canned response. I'm sure everything will work out fine. Relax....step away from the keyboard....now breathe and say...."I will not panic....I will not panic...I will not panic...." See you look just great now! Oh, go ahead and change your underwear now....we won't look.

Dave :o

I have never heard of anything like this. :o Don't they already have copies of her birth certificate and passport? Also her birthdate on the G-325?

I almost hate to say it, but I wouldn't wait two months to see what happens, call them regularly until you get a satisfactory answer.

I followed the instructions so precise that I left off her birthdate on the G-325a so her birthdate was only on the first page of the I-129F. I'm just so thankful that Gene urged me to call NVC when he did or my case could be in deep doody. Thank you Gene! I feel much better about the 3 days to make the change versus one or two months. Thank you for this Dave! Now I can sleep tonight... As an FYI, I did call back and talk to another operator and asked her what would happen if the case was forwarded to Guangzhou and still needed the changes. She said that NVC would notify the Consulate to make the changes. So, apparently changes can still be made at that point in the process...