Interview today, she passed!

SHE PASSED!!! :D

We arrived at the new visa center at 7:15 AM. There were about 50 people waiting outside. Thank God there was no rain. Her appointment was for 8:00 AM, so she was told to wait in a special area within the barricades. At 7:50, they called her name, looked at her passport, appointment letter and gave her a red number ticket. I accompanied her to the 4th floor security screening area. This is as far as the American SO can go until 10:00 AM. Then we are allowed access to the ACS section. I waited in the coffee shop on the fourth floor. There is also a coffee shop and small Chinese restaurant on the first floor. My wife came out at 10:10 and met me at the coffee shop. I asked her if she was finished or had to return? She said, she was finished and pretended she would have to stay in Chongqing forever. Then, she told me, She Passed! I forgot to look at the purple paper in her hand. :)

The Visa Officer was a friendly America man in his thirties with brown hair. He smiled a lot. He asked:

1. Can I see your passport in Chinese

2. How did you meet him?

3. Do you speak English?

4. Do you have any Children?

5. Will child stay in China?

6. Where does husband live?

7. How many times he come to China?

8. Okay, you passed with smile

She he 20 RMB Post Office fee at a window in the visa center. Visa should be at PO in 2 days.

:greenblob:

Congratulations on your successful interview!

And thanks so much for posting it so quickly. Its great to hear these success stories. It give me and my fiancee confidence that things will go well.

Hopefully we will be able to post our success story very soon! Then we will be riding the even bigger wave back to the US together!

SHE PASSED!!! :cheering:

We arrived at the new visa center at 7:15 AM.  There were about 50 people waiting outside.  Thank God there was no rain. Her appointment was for 8:00 AM, so she was told to wait in a special area within the barricades.  At 7:50, they called her name, looked at her passport, appointment letter and gave her a red number ticket.  I accompanied her to the 4th floor security screening area.  This is as far as the American SO can go until 10:00 AM.  Then we are allowed access to the ACS section.  I waited in the coffee shop on the fourth floor. There is also a coffee shop and small Chinese restaurant on the first floor.  My wife came out at 10:10 and met me at the coffee shop.  I asked her if she was finished or had to return?  She said, she was finished and pretended she would have to stay in Chongqing forever.  Then, she told me, She Passed!  I forgot to look at the purple paper in her hand. :blink:

The Visa Officer was a friendly America man in his thirties with brown hair.  He smiled a lot.  He asked:

1. Can I see your passport in Chinese

2. How did you meet him?

3. Do you speak English?

4. Do you have any Children?

5. Will child stay in China?

6. Where does husband live?

7. How many times he come to China?

8. Okay, you passed with smile

She he 20 RMB Post Office fee at a window in the visa center. Visa should be at PO in 2 days.

:rolleyes:

151310[/snapback]

Congratulations to you and LanLan. I can only hope our interview goes as easily as yours. Best of luck to the both of you.

Eric :cheering: