With just about 16 hours until I leave for China... I'm anticipating a memorable event while there... it is not the visa interview, but our unofficial wedding ceremony which will take place on Sept 18...

This day happens to also be the Mid-Autumn Festival, also known as the Moon Cake Festival.

Last year [while in the US] at this festival time, I went out and bought a donut (as my moon cake), and sat under the evening stars and gazed up at the moon...

Here is at least one link if your interested to read about this historically important festival :

http://www.regit.com/hongkong/festival/mooncake.htm

I have changed my avatar to reflect the story of Chang-O flying to the moon...

With just about 16 hours until I leave for China... I'm anticipating a memorable event while there... it is not the visa interview, but our unofficial wedding ceremony which will take place on Sept 18...

This day happens to also be the Mid-Autumn Festival, also known as the Moon Cake Festival.

Last year [while in the US] at this festival time,  I went out and bought a donut (as my moon cake), and sat under the evening stars and gazed up at the moon... 

Here is at least one link if your interested to read about this historically important festival :

http://www.regit.com/hongkong/festival/mooncake.htm

I have changed my avatar to reflect the story of Chang-O flying to the moon...

150651[/snapback]

Best wishes to you both, David. Bring her back, and set the path for those of us to follow.

Glad to hear you are going ahead with a ceremony. Look forward to meeting you once again on the other side of the earth. Safe journey

150727[/snapback]

novel idea to have it on the festival day... see you prior to that !

Dan, don't think I can go the office idea though... I'll have to suffer it out being at home... :stupid:

Thanks everyone !

To Whom it may concern;

David is relieved from CFL duty due to severe medical complications from vitamin Z depletion. It is imperetive that he go to China and pick up a life long supply of vitamin Z. Once his balance is restored he can resume his duties. I do not perceive any permanent disabilities as long as he follows his prescription.

Dr. Dan R.