If your SO takes an american name

My question is if your SO takes on an american name, will she have to have it legally changed for her social security card, drivers license? I heard that some companies might descriminate those with foreign names and that when they see one on an resume, they get tossed.. Now this could only be a low percentage or rumor.. with no truth to it.. just something I heard recently..but even so, say she wants an english name... dont you have to make it legal?

No - you don't have to. For example, if your given name is Steven, you may choose to go by Steve, which will show up on your record as a legal 'alias' if, say, you get a credit card in that name. You may also use it on your resume.

Now, if she wants to legally change it so that it will be used on her driver's license, I'm sure someone can help you there.

My question is if your SO takes on an american name, will she have to have it legally changed for her social security card, drivers license? I heard that some companies might descriminate those with foreign names and that when they see one on an resume, they get tossed.. Now this could only be a low percentage or rumor.. with no truth to it.. just something I heard recently..but even so, say she wants an english name... dont you have to make it legal?

150464[/snapback]

she can change her name easily when she weds you here in the US.