Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this site and am trying to help my father out.

Here is the history for his application.

2-14-04 Married in China

3-17-04 Application Started for I believe a CR-1 by lawyer

5-12-05 Interview at Guangzhou Consulate

5-13-05 Checklist required more evidence to prove marriage was bona fide

5-14-05 Was told to return home and wait

6-2-05 Internal processing and will contact us in 3 months. Also forwarded to F.P.U (fradulent processing unit)

6-30-05 Contacted US Senator for help. Senator contacted guangzhou

7-5-05 Consulate response was internal administrative processing was occuring and we would be contacted.

Since June we have emailed the consulate once a month and we get the same response everytime. "administrative processing"

Is anyone in a similar situation where they are just waiting for some sort of response after their interview date? If you've already been through this how long did it take before they contacted you again. I read somebody's post by the name of "MikeXiao" that had similar experience.

Please help and provide any feedback. My father is getting older by the day waiting it seems and I want to be able to give him some hope that the end is coming soon.

Thanks so much for those that respond.

tony's daughter

Sorry to have to welcome you under these circumstances. Mike's case is certainly one that got sidetracked. I think Alex's case was another one. If I recall, both involved unfounded allegations from some third party. I think Mike's files stayed in GZ, but Alex's were returned stateside. Do you know where dad's files are now?

It is difficult to get straight answers from the consulate, but if you do a search, you may find some additional contacts for your dad. There is also a member on this board (king) who practices immigration law in GZ. You can find his contact information here: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9030 . Maybe he can help get to the bottom of this.

Tell your dad to come join us. If nothing else, I'll bet we can make him laugh at little.

:D Welcome Aboard Tony's Daughter :unsure:

What is happening to your Fathers case in not uncommon, it is a struggle, but a true relationship will survive it and go on. Tell him you found a great site full of people doing the same thing he is, trying to bring a Loved one here from China. We will help where we can and provide support when needed.