quick question on visitor visa?

Hi Guys

it's been a while. how is everyone doing? My wife and I are finially moved back to US. wife is doing fine here, but she does miss home a bit. To comfort her a bit, I wanted to apply her mother to the state to accompany her since my job still requires me some travel, and now she is 6mo into her pregnancy, i don't feel comfortable leavign her by herself at home. anyone has any idea how to apply a visitor visa for my wife's mom? what do i have to to help her mom to come her and visit us.

any pointers will be greately appreciated.

cheers

Felix

Hi Guys

it's been a while. how is everyone doing? My wife and I are finially moved back to US. wife is doing fine here, but she does miss home a bit. To comfort her a bit, I wanted to apply her mother to the state to accompany her since my job still requires me some travel, and now she is 6mo into her pregnancy, i don't feel comfortable leavign her by herself at home. anyone has any idea how to apply a visitor visa for my wife's mom? what do i have to to help her mom to come her and visit us.

cheers

Felix

149665[/snapback]

Your wife's mom would have to apply for a B-2 visitor visa at a local consulate, I think. I'm by no means an expert on it but she may have to prove that she has no immigrant intent - like show things that prove strong ties to her home country. You can check it out on http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1262.html.

Good luck.

Hi Guys

cheers

Felix

149665[/snapback]

Your wife's mom would have to apply for a B-2 visitor visa at a local consulate, I think. I'm by no means an expert on it but she may have to prove that she has no immigrant intent - like show things that prove strong ties to her home country. You can check it out on http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1262.html.

Good luck.

149678[/snapback]

Felix,

My mother-in-law has been here for 5mo. on B-2 visa, and will return at the end of September. When you are ready pm me and I will send you the information Ella and I used.

Tine

I'm sure Tine will help you more than I can, but to pass along what I know from Chinese friends, send her a letter of invitation which tells how long she will stay (6 months or less) and where she will stay. Include an afidavit of support. She will apply to her embassy/consulate in China for the B-2, and get an interview approx. 1 month later. She needs to bring proof of ties to China - papers concerning her home, job, pictures of family and friends in China, etc.

She may apply for an extension after the 6 months, but I have heard that some people are turned down on subsequent applications for "overstaying" their visa, even though they got the extension. So she should plan on staying only 6 months for the first trip.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)