after NOA2,I-129F

Yes ,I got the hard copy of NOA2 I-129F and it said they forward it to NVC,will they send me anything? also, where is the GUZ number ?

Thank you to all that helps me. I just love everyone on this site. :o

Thanks again, :hug:

Dan M

Sherman,IL

Yes ,I got the hard copy of NOA2 I-129F and it said they forward it to NVC,will they send me anything? also, where is the GUZ number ?

Thank you to all that helps me. I just love everyone on this site. :D

Thanks again, :P

Dan M

Sherman,IL

148428[/snapback]

Welcome to CFL!

I forget, but someone will be along shortly to tell you - HINT: It begins with GUZ!

The GUZ number will be assigned by NVC and you should receive a letter on this and possibly an email notifiying you it has been forwarded to GZ.

If you have not already done so you should begin helping your SO with her DS-230 Part 1. Once the file is received in GZ this is a very important step that needs to be completed as soon as possible.

You already have much of the information required with your G-325a, but for this form you need a 10 year history on many of the items.

My SO and I worked on this together and we had it printed and ready to return when P3 arrived. We also completed the 156 and 156k at this time just to be done with them.

Also, if you have not done so, she will need to begin gathering her Notary documents and making copies of them. There are 2 that have a 1 year shelf life that she should get sometime around the time of the P4, the Police Certificate and Single Certificate.

Then you need to start pacing a bit, checking in on CFL for hints and ideas on how to make life more interesting and maintain your sanity. :P

I hope we see the time between P3 and P4 improve with the new facitility, but until she arrives just hang around and enjoy life.

:D Welcome Aboard Dan :D Congratulations :D

Occasionally NVC sends out a notice but it is pretty rare. If you have the hard copy NOA2 then your file has probably reached NVC give them a call, have the case number off your NOA2 your SO's name and birthdate. They will give you a GUZ number and tell you the status of your case :D

NVC 1-603-334-0700 push the right numbers until you get a human, don't use the automated system K visa's are not there long enough.

WOW!!!! Look at that!!!! A K-3 I-129 At Barely over two weeks!!!!! Mine took 5 months :P VSC look out, MSC is on a roll :P

Edited by Gene (see edit history)

Well I am not Lee, But we did a K-3. You will get P-3 in a couple of months and it contains those forms plus some others for the medical exam, how to pay for the visa...etc.

The most important ones initialy will be the OF-169 a check list and DS-230 part one. These will need to be filled out and returned to get put in the queue for an interveiw.

Basicly there will be a lot of these forms that will be asking for the same information you have already given them, but they need to be filled out none the less.

Are there any children coming on the I-129?

Lee,

If we are already married, does my wife need to fill out  the forms DS-230,156,156K?

Thanks again,

Dan M

148452[/snapback]

Dan,

That will teach me, I missed the K-3 in your timeline. :)

I can tell you what I know, which will probably be corrected by others, and there will probably be many who will come to your aid and save you from the evil Lee. :beer:

My assumption is you are filing for a K-3 visa and not the CR/1. So it is very similar to the K-1. The DS-230 but it would be Part 1. And you would file the I-134 Affidavit of support.

Also, if there are children on a K4 visa they will need the DS-230 also, and each would need an I-134 as I understand the process.

So you have the stuff on the 325a and need to gather the additional information for the DS-230.

I'm not positive about the additional documents sent in the P4 for this visa type other than the medical stuff.

Before the interview you will need to send your wife a copy of everything that has been filed and a bit more for the interview, but that is a few days off and you will have plenty of time to get this accumulated.

I would hold off on getting the the I-134 notarized until much closer to the appointment date, but you should go ahead and get things organized so you can do this easily when the time arrives.

As you have moved through the process fairly quickly we can only hope this continues, so it is good to get the P3 information prepared and ready to return to GZ now.

Edited by LeeFisher3 (see edit history)
Lee,

? 

? If we are already married, does my wife need to fill out? the?forms DS-230,156,156K?

Thanks again,

Dan M

148452[/snapback]

Dan,

That will teach me, I missed the K-3 in your timeline. :)

I can tell you what I know, which will probably be corrected by others, and there will probably be many who will come to your aid and save you from the evil Lee. :beer:

My assumption is you are filing for a K-3 visa and not the CR/1. So it is very similar to the K-1. The DS-230 but it would be Part 1 & 2. And you would file the I-864 Affidavit of support.

148465[/snapback]

I-134 for K3...

No I-864 you will take a I-134 to the interveiw, but that is getting way ahead of things.

DS-230 part one only, part 2 is for a CR-1

The P-4 contains an invitaion for the interview only. All other forms are sent in the P-3 for a K-3.

Lee,

If we are already married, does my wife need to fill out  the forms DS-230,156,156K?

Thanks again,

Dan M

148452[/snapback]

Dan,

That will teach me, I missed the K-3 in your timeline. :lol:

I can tell you what I know, which will probably be corrected by others, and there will probably be many who will come to your aid and save you from the evil Lee. :huh:

My assumption is you are filing for a K-3 visa and not the CR/1. So it is very similar to the K-1. The DS-230 but it would be Part 1. And you would file the I-134 Affidavit of support.

Also, if there are children on a K4 visa they will need the DS-230 also, and each would need an I-134 as I understand the process.

So you have the stuff on the 325a and need to gather the additional information for the DS-230.

I'm not positive about the additional documents sent in the P4 for this visa type other than the medical stuff.

Before the interview you will need to send your wife a copy of everything that has been filed and a bit more for the interview, but that is a few days off and you will have plenty of time to get this accumulated.

I would hold off on getting the the I-134 notarized until much closer to the appointment date, but you should go ahead and get things organized so you can do this easily when the time arrives.

As you have moved through the process fairly quickly we can only hope this continues, so it is good to get the P3 information prepared and ready to return to GZ now.

148465[/snapback]

Gene,yes I will have one child 12 years old coming.what about her?anything for the step-daughter?

Thanks,

Dan M

Like David said, is she on the I-129? If not I have heard of them being added. The daughter will also need all of the same forms as your wife, DS-230 part one, all the medical forms and such.

I think that Gene and I are saying that you should get the appropriate forms at the P3 and P4 mailings to your chinese SO. Then there is the interview, and I assume the step-daughter is going at the same time as mom to US, as opposed to "follow to join". The chart will show you what forms to expect.

I would recommend you read the FAQs...

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11293

Visa FAQ: see topics for K2, K3, K4 (since K4 is very similary to K2).

P3 FAQ: see any sections on same as above, particularly Section 5.

P4 FAQ: child will need a medical exam..

Interview FAQ: child attends interview...

See this for K2 children list of items.. again, I think it is basically same for K4 children.

K2

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12048