Update on DCF in Australia

Well, I arrived in Australia on 7/28, and we got married on 8/2, and immediately sent off the DS-230 and DS-2001's. We just received our appointment letter, faster than we expected, with our interview date for 9/13!!!

We gotta hurry up and book the medical appointment, and also, there was an unexpected request for a police certificate for Australia, so we gotta move on that. She already has her documents from China, and everything else seems to be in order.

Anyway, please wish us luck. I'm going to go make an appointment for the medical now, and i'll keep you all updated, for those of you who have Chinese SO's studying in Australia and are interested :)

That's really great news. You know I've been following your case since you first posted it on britishexpats. It's good to see that the advice over there was true. Best of luck and you can revel in being the fastest Candle member ever.  :D

147396[/snapback]

thanks, and you were one of the people that encouraged me to do this. i was nervous at first, but i'm really glad I stuck with all of your advices :lol:

Of course, i shouldn't rejoice until/unless we get the visa, but i'm glad that she will have her interview so early, as it will give us 4 months to fix anything they ask of us (we are leaving Australia in January). :) :)