traverse question

I'm assuming you filed a K-1 visa, the amount of time seems to vary according to location. You will need to check out the local processing times on AOS and AP.

She will either need AOS or AP to return to the US. In my area they are both showing the same processing times, so there isn't much use in paying for AP. In other areas the AOS seems to take a much longer time and filing AP would give you travel documents much sooner.

It all goes back to the flip of the coin method used my USCIS.

how long does it usually take for SO to be able to travel outside the country let alone back to China?

will it be an issue?

146751[/snapback]

She can leave the USA but she won't be able to come back without the Advance Parole (AP) or the conditional green card. Processing time for AP is about 2 months.

http://www.visapro.com/California-Service-Center.asp

Edited by ttlee_99 (see edit history)

Travel from the US to any country other than China will require compliance with that country's visa requirements for a Chinese citizen traveling on a Chinese passport. As others have said, travel back into the US will require advance parole until she becomes a legal permenant resident. She can travel to China on her Chinese passport without the need for a visa.