I wanted to start a thread with comments or requests for CFL members to try and report back on from the interview process. This can include questions for American Citizen Hour for those who will go, to consider asking.

Here are a few:

1) Medical Stuff

- BJ medical procedure, what's involved to pay visa in BJ ? (I hope to figure this out--backup plan to go to GUZ).

- What goes in envelope ? ( hopefully a few respond and we'll see if any variation exists between the hospitals.)

- Any comments on vaccination issues

2) ACH question

- Can Police Cert for US, if SO has been to US ?

- Can visa be paid after medical exam pickup (implies that the visa receipt is not put in envelope nor asked for by medical staff to review).

3) Info on new Consulate location in GUZ:

- Hotels and pricing.

- Continue info on visa pickup procedures (one day or two; friday interviews, etc)

- Location of points of interest (where to get a video done if needed,etc)

4) Interview

- detail on morning checkin. What forms are turned in, what fees, etc. Am I hearing things, that some are having the interview in morning as part of the checkin?

- Questions asked by VO; done in english or chinese

- Anything that seems to raise the VOs concern during an interview

- Places for the petitioner(s) to hang out [together] during interview....

- General observation of other beneficiary's outcomes; how well organized, how dresssed, anything to note of interest, etc.

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)
I wanted to start a thread with comments or requests for CFL members to try and report back on from the interview process. This can include questions for American Citizen Hour for those who will go, to consider asking.

Here are a few:

1) Medical Stuff

- BJ medical procedure, what's involved to pay visa in BJ ? (I hope to figure this out--backup plan to go to GUZ).

- What goes in envelope ? ( hopefully a few respond and we'll see if any variation exists between the hospitals.)

2) ACH question

- Can Police Cert for US, if SO has been to US

- Can visa be paid after medical exam pickup (implies that the visa receipt is not put in envelope nor asked for by medical staff to review).

3) Info on new Consulate location in GUZ:

- Hotels and pricing.

- Continue info on visa pickup procedures (one day or two; friday interviews, etc)

- Location of points of interest (where to get a video done if needed,etc)

4) Interview

- detail on morning checkin.  What forms are turned in, what fees, etc. Am I hearing things, that some are having the interview in morning as part of the checkin?

- Questions asked by VO; done in english or chinese

- Anything that seems to raise the VOs concern during an interview

- Places for the petitioner(s) to hang out [together] during interview....

- General observation of other beneficiary's outcomes;  how well organized, how dresssed, anything to note of interest, etc.

146650[/snapback]

I have written in detail the answer to number 1. I can not remember where I posted it, but it is on Candle somewhere!

I wanted to start a thread with comments or requests for CFL members to try and report back on from the interview process.   This can include questions for American Citizen Hour for those who will go, to consider asking.

Here are a few:

1) Medical Stuff

- BJ medical procedure, what's involved to pay visa in BJ ?   (I hope to figure this out--backup plan to go to GUZ).

146650[/snapback]

I have written in detail the answer to number 1. I can not remember where I posted it, but it is on Candle somewhere!

146657[/snapback]

I found it...

Medical exam in Beijing, What forms should she bring??

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8873&hl=

But since my SO called the BJ hospital, they said she does not have to pay the visa prior to the medical.. just make sure she pays it afterwards...

So, still something for us to see if this is true or not.

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

Wish i could help you out on this David, but i wasnt there for that end of it. And i hope you dont get to the end i was at, but if you do you know all you need do is just holla at ya boy..

I know your are prepaired and you and your S.O. will do great!!!

Good luck and bring her home

Regards,

Jim

For Info on visa pick up procedures, I would be curious to know :

- how far the post office if from the new consulate area? How long would it take to walk there or take a taxis there?

- what time does the post office close each day?

Once we know the results of our interview, assuming that we are a go, then it would be nice to know how much time we have to get to the post office before it closes to pay the EMS fee.

I emailed GZ about the pick up procedures at new location and they simply said yes we would still have to go to the China Post to pick up the visa but did not specify which one

Bill

146780[/snapback]

The China Post post offices are evrywhere, just like here in the US. They also do Western Union, so I know they have the computer facilities to do that.

Here is some info on the China Post office now handling and picking up the visa package issuance:

Address: China Post - Tianhe Dong (west) Road, #155, Junyuan Bldg.

Taxi cost: one way- 7-8 RMB

Walking: est. 25-30 mintues

The postal fee is now to be paid at the new visa facility on the 5th floor. A special China Post desk has been set up at location where you do not have to go through inspection.

Some time ago I posted a map (copied from the Consulates own map and with added info) of the area around the new visa facility, info about the Tianhe area and a list of 3 close hotels. These were different posts as I remember.

Here is some info on the China Post office now handling and picking up the visa package issuance:

Address: China Post  -  Tianhe Dong (west) Road, #155, Junyuan Bldg.

Taxi cost: one way- 7-8 RMB

Walking: est. 25-30 mintues

The postal fee is now to be paid at the new visa facility on the 5th floor. A special China Post desk has been set up at location where you do not have to go through inspection.

Some time ago I posted a map (copied from the Consulates own map and with added info) of the area around the new visa facility, info about the Tianhe area and a list of 3 close hotels. These were different posts as I remember.

146818[/snapback]

thanks king !

I'm going to copy his comments into the GUZ thread on pickup procedures...