Does it Help to Call...

Guest ShaQuaNew

Guest ShaQuaNew

Was wondering if anyone had personal experience as to whether or not it helps to telephone the VSC or other immigration facilities while waiting for approval. I'm at that time right now waiting for my NOA2 where I was hoping it would've happened by now......(who isn't huh). :ph34r:

Probably not. There is little you can do until your petition date is 30 days past the processing date shown for your particular petition. Here's the link to the TSC: https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Proc...iceCenter=Texas

It's showing a processing date of June 17, 2005. Based on this (assuming you filed with TSC), if your NOA1 date is May 17 or earlier, you might be able to get some additional information by calling, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I think the USCIS Customer Service No Help line is an answering service. They have limited information and if your case is not seriously out of line you will get the standard "wait until it is 30 days past estimated approval time and call back" If it is 30 days past then they try the "give it 30 more days and call back" if your insistant they will say " ok we will file a request for status" and you never hear anything. It pretty much apears to be a waste of time. You can occasionaly get transfered to an "immigration officer", again if your insistant enough, and occasionaly you will get one who apears to care and they will pass along a little more information than the " answering service" will give you. It's a real crapp shoot. :D I did call them at one time and was transfered to an IO that told me my I-129 had been approve and sent to the NVC, It still shows "waiting for approval" on the web site, and I had to write letters to the MSC in Lees Summit to finaly get our NOA2 without filing the $200 request for copy of approval form.

Guest ShaQuaNew
Probably not.  There is little you can do until your petition date is 30 days past the processing date shown for your particular petition.  Here's the link to the TSChttps://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Proc...iceCenter=Texas

It's showing a processing date of June 17, 2005.  Based on this (assuming you filed with TSC), if your NOA1 date is May 17 or earlier, you might be able to get some additional information by calling, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

145803[/snapback]

Thanks Frank...

that's pretty much what I figured. I mailed my package as indicated on my signature line. It appears from the link you have here that they should be processing or getting "to" my application now.... :D

With your timeline so far you probably can expect the NOA-2 in the next couple weeks. At this stage you wont get any action by calling. Once it goes to GZ and you have the GUZ number, I would recommend to wait 3 months then start emailing IV and calling DOS every other week to show your interest. These calls and emails go to your file so they can't hurt.

Guest ShaQuaNew
Jesse.. great pics of your beautiful SO and your 'gan bei' cheers with family !!    :D   

:D

145806[/snapback]

:P :D

Thanks David.....I'm stricken with her beauty and so are here family and friends. One of her very close friends spoke and toasted to me in Chinese, followed by a Gan Bei......

I asked Lan what he said....and she told me that it was very difficult to translate to English. She said it litterally meant "if I did not treat her well that he would give me a color to see." It essentially means that I would be taught the appropriate Chinese lesson....:D

yes....there were more Sin Wei's and Gan Bei's than I can remember from that evening. The Chinese are not a timid lot......and love their beer!

Edited by fitnlivly (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew
With your timeline so far you probably can expect the NOA-2 in the next couple weeks. At this stage you wont get any action by calling. Once it goes to GZ and you have the GUZ number, I would recommend to wait 3 months then start emailing IV and calling DOS every other week to show your interest. These calls and emails go to your file so they can't hurt.

145808[/snapback]

I think you're right Dan. That's pretty much the timeline shown by our members here. I know it's getting close and getting a bit ancy I guess......

...it's just never fast enough....

It seems the USCIS recliner is not as soft as it appears. I grabbed the hard seat instead and just let sore spots come and go.. :lol:

On the other hand, they make the GUZ recliner like a pillow so you fall so deep into into it, that it feels like an uncomfortable hug.. some explain it as a 'black hole' feeling... sometimes it's a struggle to get out.

I have it on authority of Dan.. if you just meditate and say the mantra, you'll pass the time better..

As for me.. I drag around with me the hard chair.. easy to get up and walk off the sore spots.. then return to it with no great expectations of comfort... :D

ok.. time to get up and walk around...

I think the USCIS Customer Service No Help line is an answering service. They have limited information and if your case is not seriously out of line you will get the standard "wait until it is 30 days past estimated approval time and call back" If it is 30 days past then they try the "give it 30 more days and call back" if your insistant they will say " ok  we will file a request for status" and you never hear anything. It pretty much apears to be a waste of time. You can occasionaly get transfered to an "immigration officer", again if your insistant enough, and occasionaly you will get one who apears to care and they will pass along a little more information than the " answering service" will give you. It's a real crapp shoot. :cheering:  I did call them at one time and was transfered to an IO that told me my I-129 had been approve and sent to the NVC, It still shows "waiting for approval" on the web site, and I had to write letters to the MSC in Lees Summit to finaly get our NOA2 without filing the $200 request for copy of approval form.

145804[/snapback]

Yeah, the 30 day thing. I had to put up with that for damn near 8 of those 30 day things!.....:clapping:

I think you're right, Gene. It is just some kind of answering service. The 30 day thing is just a way to blow you off (long term)! And the "transfer" to an immigration officer, where you wait on hold another 30 minute, is another way to blow you off (short term)! And if they really want to ruin your day, they will patch you to a non-english speaking nincompoop who will just get you even more P.Oed than you were to start with! I think they got this thing down to a science!

Yeah, the 1-800-noh-elpu number. Boy ain't that the truth!:blink: