Why is my K3 waiting for CR1?

Are you sure the K-3 is being held up while the I-130 is being processed? Maybe the K-3 files have yet to be entered into the system at the consulate in GZ (Canton). Just because NVC says the files were shipped to GZ doesn't mean that GZ has actually received them or entered the data into their computer system. I'll be the first to admit that if NVC sent the files in March, GZ should probably have them by now. Have you e-mailed the consulate to confirm their receipt?

Your facts are sketchy, but typically, your K-3 will proceed independently of the I-130 once you received your first NOA on the I-130.

:huh: Welcome to The Candle :D

Have you called The Department of State(DOS)?

1-202-663-1225 Give them the GUZ number you got from the NVC and they will be able to tell you the status of the K-3

1-202-663-1225 Give them the GUZ number you got from the NVC and they will be able to tell you the status of the K-3

144869[/snapback]

Actually, my K3 packet was sent to Guangzhou January from NVC. I emailed Guangzhou early March with the GUZ number and they said it was not in their system yet. They said it may take something like up to 6 months to receive the packet. I basically gave up the K3 knowing that my I130 packet was sent to Guanzhou December last year. In May my wife got a mail from Guangzhou consulate ask for document and that's when I found out that they already have the K3 packet. I emailed them with my K3 case # ask about the status in July when nothing else happened after the initial contact. That's when they told me that the CR1 is being process, once it's done, they will schedule the interview and they said it will take up to 3-4 months. I thought this was too odd that a K3 is waiting for a CR1( I later found out CR1 is the I130). Just wondering if there's anything else I can do.

144869[/snapback]

Actually, my K3 packet was sent to Guangzhou January from NVC. I emailed Guangzhou early March with the GUZ number and they said it was not in their system yet. They said it may take something like up to 6 months to receive the packet. I basically gave up the K3 knowing that my I130 packet was sent to Guanzhou December last year. In May my wife got a mail from Guangzhou consulate ask for document and that's when I found out that they already have the K3 packet. I emailed them with my K3 case # ask about the status in July when nothing else happened after the initial contact. That's when they told me that the CR1 is being process, once it's done, they will schedule the interview and they said it will take up to 3-4 months. I thought this was too odd that a K3 is waiting for a CR1( I later found out CR1 is the I130). Just wondering if there's anything else I can do.

144881[/snapback]

My understanding is, if the I-130/CR1 gets to post (GUZ) first, before the I-129F/K3, the former will cancel the latter.

My assumption, with what I hear, is that the CR1 is processing and the K3 is probably no longer processing; Unless the K3 got there first.. so you can try to figure that out with an email...

You could send GUZ an email asking specifically to pursue the CR1 and whether they are also still processing the K3 or not... their answer might tell you if they have already done just this. (I assume you want to go CR1 at this point).

You could still call DOS and ask them for two things, to help possibly determine a rough guess for your interview date.

1) When was the DATE the K3 and/or CR1 received by GUZ and ENTERED into the GUZ computer?

2) Did they do a security clearance / namecheck in GUZ and what is status? Pending or complete?

--

if your wife got the mail in may (what date?) , then you would appear to be fairly close.. as a few with May P3 dates are getting interviews in Sept...

And what document did the GUZ mail ask for ? What was the date on that doc, and when did you send it back ?

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

EdG,

My wife's K3 and CR1 arrived at GZ fairly close in time. And they are proceeded with the CR1. If GZ has not completed your K3 and the CR1 arrives, they will drop the K3 and proceed with only the CR1 which I believe is a better visa and means less paperwork for you in the future.

:D Welcome to The Candle :D

144869[/snapback]

144881[/snapback]

My understanding is, if the I-130/CR1 gets to post (GUZ) first, before the I-129F/K3, the former will cancel the latter.

My assumption, with what I hear, is that the CR1 is processing and the K3 is probably no longer processing; Unless the K3 got there first.. so you can try to figure that out with an email...

You could send GUZ an email asking specifically to pursue the CR1 and whether they are also still processing the K3 or not... their answer might tell you if they have already done just this. (I assume you want to go CR1 at this point).

You could still call DOS and ask them for two things, to help possibly determine a rough guess for your interview date.

1) When was the DATE the K3 and/or CR1 received by GUZ and ENTERED into the GUZ computer?

2) Did they do a security clearance / namecheck in GUZ and what is status? Pending or complete?

--

if your wife got the mail in may (what date?) , then you would appear to be fairly close.. as a few with May P3 dates are getting interviews in Sept...

And what document did the GUZ mail ask for ? What was the date on that doc, and when did you send it back ?

144882[/snapback]

David, these are some great information. I am very sure that the I130 got there first. As for when they enter the CR1 in their system, I got an email from them saying they received CR1 June 8th. I have to ask my wife to look at all documents to determine the exact dates. Also, I have a feeling that the people who answers email, they basically look up the computer status and if it shows "Processing CR1", that's what they will tell me, CR1 is being process. I had send email twice regarding why my K3 is waiting for CR1 with no response on the question. In any case, if what they said(3-4months) is true, we should hear something in Sept or Oct which mean interview could be in Nov. At the start of my K3 application, I was thinking it can't take longer than 9 months. In any case, thanks for all the feedback.

David, these are some great information.  I am very sure that the I130 got there first.  As for when they enter the CR1 in their system, I got an email from them saying they received CR1 June 8th.  I have to ask my wife to look at all documents to determine the exact dates.  Also, I have a feeling that the people who answers email, they basically look up the computer status and if it shows "Processing CR1", that's what they will tell me, CR1 is being process.  I had send email twice regarding why my K3 is waiting for CR1 with no response on the question.  In any case, if what they said(3-4months) is true, we should hear something in Sept or Oct which mean interview could be in Nov.  At the start of my K3 application, I was thinking it can't take longer than 9 months.  In any case, thanks for all the feedback.

144892[/snapback]

Curious to know which Visa Center you filed through ?

If the CR1 was received June 8, then entering in computer is usually about a week.

My guess is your'll get notice around Sept with interview in Oct... hopefully over the next month we'll get a trend of any speedup from the move.

Just for clarification, you mentioned the start of your K3 application... that would imply when you filed the I-129F , right? The first one you filed was a I-130 for CR1.. which is really the start of your petition...

First of all, let's get the terminology and acronyms right. There is the Petition, Application, and Visa(CR1). We're nowhere close to the CR1.

One question: Ed, you say that GZ has your I-130. What exactly do you mean by that? Have you completed the application and the AOS?

First of all, let's get the terminology and acronyms right. There is the Petition, Application, and Visa(CR1). We're nowhere close to the CR1.

One question: Ed, you say that GZ has your I-130. What exactly do you mean by that? Have you completed the application and the AOS?

144906[/snapback]

I hope I am not confusing anyone as I didn't know some of the acronyms like CR1 and still don't know what AOS is. So yes, I filed I130 last year in May. After I received the approval of the I130 petition a few weeks later, I filed I129F last June as most of you know that you can't file I129F without the approval letter of I130.

I filed I130 in California but not sure which branch they routed to. Could be Fresno or San Jose or somewhere eles in CA.

I emailed Guangzhou last year on the I130 case # and they confirmed that they have the I130 case package in Guangzhou last December. When NVC told me they also mailed the I129F case package to China in Feb, I email them in March thinking they would have a status but they didn't. And when they told me it will take up to 6months for them to received the package, that's when I gave up following the K3 case because I thought the I130 would have completed by then. Boy, was I wrong.

Sounds like a pretty clear case of the I-130 paperwork arriving before the I-129F (K-3) paperwork. As other have pointed out, GZ is likely proceeding with the I-130. This makes sense and as Barry pointed out, this will cut out a lot of additional paperwork once your wife arrives in the US. Good luck.

Sounds like a pretty clear case of the I-130 paperwork arriving before the I-129F (K-3) paperwork.  As other have pointed out, GZ is likely proceeding with the I-130.  This makes sense and as Barry pointed out, this will cut out a lot of additional paperwork once your wife arrives in the US.  Good luck.

144932[/snapback]

Yup, sounds like they are proceeding with I130. But I wouldn't mind extra paper work if that means getting her here sooner but I guess that's not much of our choice. Thank you all on this.

I emailed Guangzhou last year on the I130 case # and they confirmed that they have the I130 case package in Guangzhou last December.

I understand you saying that you mailed the I-129F after CIS NOA1 for I-130.

You say GZ has the I-130?

After CIS approval of the I-130, it is sent to the NVC. NVC sends the petitioner more forms. You have already done that? If so, you're leaving out a big chunk of the process. That's were I'm not following you.

According to what you say, you have paid the fees for both the immigrant visa and the nonimmigrant visa?

I emailed Guangzhou last year on the I130 case # and they confirmed that they have the I130 case package in Guangzhou last December.

I understand you saying that you mailed the I-129F after CIS NOA1 for I-130.

You say GZ has the I-130?

After CIS approval of the I-130, it is sent to the NVC. NVC sends the petitioner more forms. You have already done that? If so, you're leaving out a big chunk of the process. That's were I'm not following you.

According to what you say, you have paid the fees for both the immigrant visa and the nonimmigrant visa?

144948[/snapback]

TVWY,

Yes, I already finished all of the forms here even the ones after the petition and Biography and other forms last year. Everything reviewed ok by NVC and they then packaged the whole thing and sent to Guangzhou last December for the I130 petition. Not sure the exact date GuangZhou received the K3 package but I believe sometime in March or April.