What do I need to take with me?

The law is quite specific in regards to coming here and marrying. If the intent of the visit was to get married and you come here on anything other than a K-1 visa then you are an illegal alien and can be deported and banned from the US. If the purpose of the visit is for business or tourisit and you decide after you get here that you want to get married then the interviewing officer has considerable leeway in his or her decision. Very risky in my oppinion. I did that with my ex wife and it worked out fine for us but that was 26 years ago and things are very different now. If you come here on a tourist visa and get married then return to China to wait out the visa process then that is perfectly fine and legal as long as you don't overstay your visa. Good luck.

I remember your postings before.. and thought that maybe your SO would come to china to live.

How would you get to the US ?

You have to be careful if you get a tourist visa and then intend to marry.    Can you explain how you will get to the US and then we can maybe help you more.

144421[/snapback]

I believe the Chinese language forum discussed this.

It is unfair anyone forbids two loved ones to get married.

144759[/snapback]

Don't confuse the right to get married with the right to stay in the country. The US will usually always recognize a marriage as legal, but whether an alien husband or wife has a legal right to remain in the country is a different question.

If I want to get married in usa, what do I have to take with me? Identification or what? Divorcement document?

144410[/snapback]

Hey....

It depends on the (county) of the state he,she lives in..Best way is this..In the state u two want to be married, most have a website of thier own, a .gov website if you will..Do a search or have him to find the .gov site for the county in the state u want to marry in.On that page look for a link to this..Register of Deeds..Thats where u will find what u need..They have no website, get him to go to the Register of Deeds in the county he lives in..Just ask what ya need to marry someone from another country..It's real simple..Even though socail security numbers are needed, if ya don't have one there most of the time is a form you can fill out and have noterized..Send you the link to the county we got married in, that was in April this year..Thats all ya need do..Look for Register of Deeds in the county of the state he lives in

http://web.co.wake.nc.us/rdeeds/marriage/marriage.htm

Please use this site for an example..it's in North Carolina..Look for the (affidavit) in blue on this link. Amy of course had no SS number so this form she had to fill out and we had notorized...Hope this helps..It is the Register of Deeds from the county of the state he, she lives in that you will find every answer