Interview date came fast!!

We sent in our I-485 the last week of June. About 2 weeks after that we got the first letter asking us to call to make the biometrics appointment. Now this week, only 4 weeks after sending in our I-485 we got the letter stating our interview date is August 24. Seems unusually fast. I thought we would have to wait at least about 6 or 8 months for that according to what I had been reading. What can we expect during our interview?

The AOS interview is a piece of cake compared to the visa interview. The main things they want to see are proof that you are a bonafide couple living together. Utility bills in both names, bank statements in both names, titles or deeds in both names, your company health plan listing her as being on it etc etc etc. Other than that I would take everything you already have plus what they specify on thier list. If you didnt send in the I-693 supplimental for vaccinations with the AOS papers take it with you. If your wife doesn't speak english very well I would advise you take a translator with you.

What can we expect during our interview?

140939[/snapback]

If you are like me and a few others, and given your fast interview time:

"The security clearance is not complete and we have no idea when yet will be"

In other words, a successful AOS interview and walking out empty-handed (i.e. no passport stamp). One friend of mine has been waiting since a 01/25/05 interview.

Edited by Stats (see edit history)

and add us to the list of waiting for that mysterious SECURITY CLEARANCE....we have been waiting since 02/09/05....had a great and EASY interview...but no stamp in passport...our interview date was 9 months and one week or so after we sent in our AOS, and we STILL had a security clearance issue....

any clues on the mysterious "security clearance"??

an immigration lawyer i spoke with a couple of days ago told me that they have one year to do the clearance and finish it, and at that point if it is not done then you can threaten to sue them and it miracuously gets cleared very fast....any knowledge of this? can we do anything like this WITHOUT the $750 deposit lawyer???? (that's what he said it would take for him to get started on our case)

and when do they actually start the clearance? if we have to give them one year, that is one year from when?? how can i find out when it was started?

What can we expect during our interview?

140939[/snapback]

If you are like me and a few others, and given your fast interview time:

"The security clearance is not complete and we have no idea when yet will be"

In other words, a successful AOS interview and walking out empty-handed (i.e. no passport stamp). One friend of mine has been waiting since a 01/25/05 interview.

140987[/snapback]

Great to hear from you Stats! :wacko:

Long time, no see. Hope all is going well.

As for the quick interview time, wow, that is quick. We had to wait 18 months. Looks like some places may be doing the interview prior to the completion of the security check. Shades of the old Black Hole. :P

Great to hear from you Stats!  :D

Long time, no see. Hope all is going well.

As for the quick interview time, wow, that is quick. We had to wait 18 months. Looks like some places may be doing the interview prior to the completion of the security check. Shades of the old Black Hole. :)

143628[/snapback]

Mick,

Thanks for saying hi. Most people don't like what I have to say :D,, ahh I just have a few bouts with impatience. Yes, the AOS is being done now prior the clearance.

I am back a bit more now because, as is Kim, there is an AOS backlog starting to manifest itself.

I am actually hoping to help out the "soon to file AOS's" that are now getting interviews. Soon they may be in the same state of limbo, just after they think they are done.

Edited by Stats (see edit history)