Conditional Green-Card Removal

My SO would like to know what she needs regarding our marriage certificates. We are CR1, so really we just need to change her status and that's all. The question is that we don't know if my wife needs to get a notarization of our Chinese marriage certificate in China, or if we need anything but fill out the forms and submit for permanant residency.

Does anyone have any good links? Hope everyone is doing well, Laopo will come in about one month.

Thanks

Dan

My SO would like to know what she needs regarding our marriage certificates.  We are CR1, so really we just need to change her status and that's all.  The question is that we don't know if my wife needs to get a notarization of our Chinese marriage certificate in China, or if we need anything but fill out the forms and submit for permanant residency.

Does anyone have any good links?  Hope everyone is doing well, Laopo will come in about one month.

Thanks

Dan

134604[/snapback]

While I am not sure about needing the marriage certificate for AOS, I would recommend that you have a few of them on hand when she arrives, also 2-3 of each notary certificates you have used to this point.

It could be a problem later if you are asked for a marriage or birth certificate and would need to travel to China to get them to meet insurance or some other requirement.

We will have 3 originals of everything and make multiple photo copies of one complete set, the other originals will go in a safe deposit box for the day when the first set is too worn to read or use. Unless someone can give a real compelling reason everyone gets a copy and a chance to look at the original. If they want an original it must be worth the cost of 2 round trip tickets to China or they get a copy. :D